The making of: RezNet website

It’s a good point, but telling two of these stories will double the amount of text of the whole website.

It is just meant as a conversation opener, probably browsed by some hurried Uni person who needs a partner and has neither the time nor the interest to care about any “impact” beyond the publishing of papers.

we shouldn’t limit ourselves only to those…

Added. But please, resist the temptation to add any more. Of course you can always add, but you lose clarity for the casual onlooker, the only one that counts.

Refreshed the page but can’t see it

I understood you’ll add the stories box

I do not think it is a good idea.

It’s a good start! I won’t comment on the content as it’s a little beyond my scope, but a couple of things regarding presentation and layout:

• styling with variables in the configuration, especially in JSON, is limiting for anyone unless you have the time/patience to tinker with all the elements
  • we’ll be using theme files now to differentiate the ‘look and feel’ of each site. This means less tinkering and more focus on the content, so https://live.edgeryders.eu uses a standard theme, and Edgeryders uses another ‘Campaigns’ theme. the default theme could look better, and should.
  • An update to the sandbox will be coming so you’ll be able to switch and preview different themes available for the site. we can discuss the specific look for the RezNet site and similar research network sites if a custom theme is needed.
  • We can continue to use the JSON configuration here, but the syntax used for the campaigns site is I think more intuitive. It uses an HTML like syntax along with markdown: https://edgeryders.eu/raw/13810
  • Adding inline styles (like changing a font or text color) is easier with this type of syntax, as you’re not nesting long lists of style properties inside the configuration
2 Likes

Perfect. I don’t think we are going to need a specific theme.

@owen you have some questions in the website’s Matrix room the answer of which I would need.

Alberto where are you sending people?
e.g opencare.cc is not really being maintained and we don’t know if it will be around from one day to the next. So I made our own

1. OpenCare
  2. Next Generation Internet
  3. In progress

Good point, but actually for @marina. I would propose one of these:

• the CORDIS entries for the projects
  • the searches on Zenodo
  • a solid link maintained on our platform, simply a post that explains what the project is (was) about.

then edit these posts so you are happy with them?

1. OpenCare
  2. Next Generation Internet
  3. PopRebel (none up yet, if you can do this it would be great - sending them to the poprebel current website is a nonstarter)

OpenCare now done, in a way that for me is sufficient.

For the others, I would use exchange.ngi.eu and wellbeing.edgeryders.eu.

Yet another alternative, perhaps easiets: WayBack Machine.

some of the links are broken. And the issue is that people get lost when we send them off somewhere else.

This is why…

https://webkitsandbox.netlify.app/13684#Projects

The links in this section are off to other places where people easily can get distracted with other stuff than what we want to be drwaing focus to

Changed the links to:

True, but very few people will click through. The site is designed to be self-contained, and to help the viewer decide whether to work with the RexNet or not. Very simple.

Can you change the NGI link to

We will have the menue on the top of that page to keep people within the edgeryders organisation website.

1 Like