@matthias and I have decided to make a second, shorter Reef video. The one we have is more aimed at the community, we want to make one aimed at allies and funders. It will be foreground much more the green urban living innovation aspect of The Reef.
It is going to be a trailer. Duration 1-2 minutes, aimed at conveying one powerful idea rather than at representing diversity. Solarpunk aesthetics.
Points to make:
- The community we look for aspires to be a pathfinder of new, greener lifestyles. There is an element of courage, of the elation of doing something difficult together.
- This has been our aspiration for years, with the unMonastery and the Open Village.
- We want to be neighbors to a university-powered innovation lab, and to offer residencies to engineers, biodesigners, inventors and artists to help us re-invent urban living.
- We also want to be a hub for the neighborhood for this stuff. Matt has some very cool ideas about neighborhood grids, and we could have parties demonstrating cool tech, like the calcium chloride-dehydration of food. Or even a courtyard party in the winter, demonstrating “stillsuits” to keep us warm in cold weather. Matt to write a concise description of this, so I do not say incorrect things.
- New interview to me only (Matt’s back in Germany).
- Salvaging some stuff from Matt’s existing footage (for example where he speaks about his truck).
- Fragments from videos we find lying around. The aesthetics is that of the unMonastery videos made by @nicobis (below – are you out there Nicola? We miss you!). Maybe @trythis can suggest some clips? Maybe some material from @hugi and Blivande?
- Maybe some stock footage?
- “The music must be perfect” (Matthias).