The Urban Lab of Europe

The European Regional Development Fund published this call mid-September, with the deadline 12th of December.

“Urban Innovative Actions (UIA) is an Initiative of the European Union that provides urban areas throughout Europe with resources to test new and unproven solutions to address urban challenges. It offers urban authorities with the possibility to take a risk and experiment the most innovative and creative solutions.”

The applicants must be urban authorities, but as they say in the call, they can’t act alone - collaboration with different organizations is encouraged. Opportunity to partner with the authorities in Brussels maybe @noemi @alberto? or Italy @ilaria? I think the call is good because they are looking for innovative solutions in several fields, circular economy being one of them.

Also, there is a seminar for applicants organized in Brussels on the 5th of November. It coincides with our consortium meeting in Italy, but if this is something interesting maybe @noemi you could go?

3 Likes

Great idea. @chantal_vanoeteren, this is what I am talking about. We could use the call to approach a municipality and propose we partner up. What do you think?

Yes, we were eyeing this call since the summer. Unfortunately I am not in Brussels to go to the seminar, and the timeline for this call is gruelling. But I think this is one for the Reef in the near future… Perhaps next year if they are annual.

1 Like

Ahead of our trip to Torino @alberto :
https://www.uia-initiative.eu/en/news-events/cocity-leads-way-towards-new-urban-commons-approaches