Is a methodology and a hybrid online course&sustainable business supported by experts, delivered virally to create employment opportunities for hundreds of young people through training them how to create mobile and business applications.
Why Viral Academy&Edgeryders?
- The project is replicable and potentially fundable in other regions
- The aim of the project links back to the first year of Edgeryders
- Sustainable business model is goes hand in hand with Edgeryders current development.
- There are multiple simple ways for people on Edgeryders platform to get involved with the project.
Aims of the project:
- To train thousands on new coders, designers, and project managers, in the latest commercial tools, by inspiring young people to take up low cost, high quality online training courses.
- To create a sustainable business, by delivering innovative apps, developed by young people, for the coolest clients, recycling the profits to create and maintain the best training opportunities for young people at the lowest cost.
Courses are free
- On the promise that students repay
- By passing on their learning to others
- In classes of no more than 8
- Allowing 2 teachers to train 512 students
Teams not Classes
Teams of no more than 8
- Face-to-face Hangouts
- Screen sharing of code and designs
- Free collaborative cloud based IDE
- Pair Programming gives confidence