العجوز استرد شبابه

The definition of the cultural issue

@monarezk @Hazem

We have realised that the cultural issue that our colleague came - up with during the workshop is not relevant to our culture and our society. I took a paragraph from Gouzbee’s comment and check with friends, no one agreed that we have a problem of individualism. We are built our article on a wrong definition of the problem. We need time to work on a new one. When will you start the Twitter Storm?

“…individualism is a mature quality , a sign of growth and differentiation that can never work as a barrier to working for the collective good… what we have is unfortunately a kind of childish insecure possessiveness that prizes what you think/have as the ultimate good to the exclusion of everything else…”

“… It may sound like a cliche but it has something to do with our faulty/ insecure upbringing that does not allow us to go through the process of separation/lndividuation i.e to separate from we love while remaining with them which requires “basic trust” which”

and another person commented

"  I have lived in Egypt, but it’s many years ago. I go there quite frequently, so I’ll give it a try. I come from a Nordic country, and the very first word, which comes to my mind is trust - or lack of it. Here we basically trust each other, also those we don’t know, until the contrary has been proven. In Egypt you trust your friends and those near to you. I believe trust is part of human nature, not something you learn while you grow up, so something in Egypt makes people lose their capacity of trusting each other. It forces people to be individual (indifferent is perhaps a better word?) and only care about themselves. It is also expressed in the lack of care for the environment, the garbage, the plastic bottles etc. I think trust is the glue that binds a society together and makes it strong."

twitter storm on monday

so if u have final edits u can do it  before that . so we can all share it during the twitterstorm

for more info about it here