Transmediale status?

What’s the current status of the unmonastery/transmediale project? I see it’s up on the official website:

unMonastery, a place-based social innovation, addresses the interlinked needs of empty space, unemployment and depleting social services by embedding committed, skilled individuals within communities that could benefit from their presence. unMonastery is a non-profit project that aims to challenge existing dependency chains and economic fictions, developed in collaboration with EdgeRyders, a distributed think-tank wielding collective intellgience.

But I’ve not noticed any planning/discussion happening here? Is there any more information somewhere? Is there a need for contributions from the edgeryders community? Since I’m living in Berlin, I’m keen to support/promote/participate in whatever happens.

Second that!

I can make it to Transmediale in the weekend of 31-1 Feb, and was just looking for unMon in the programme. I only found a mention of it in the Foyer programme, can someone explain if that’s a permanent spot?

Like Dan, I would gladly help with anything that’s needed guys. Perhaps we can plan together a nice dinner as well? We can even host a community call to talk about this if @Ben, @katalin and the rest of you want to save some time coordinating in writing. You must be over your head with preparations :slight_smile: Looking forward to see you.

also, @Dorotea and I live

also, @dorotea and I live within walking distance of the Transmediale venue. We can probably host some visiting edgeryders, and/or invite you over for a meal.

Thank you

I didn’t know you’re room mates, but then you’ll not be surprised to hear that Dorotea already invited me, sent her the details on email… thanks again!

Yes!

Hi @danohu, hi @Noemi, thanks for the post! Yes, unMonastery will be in the Foyer programme. We will have a permanent space right by the entrance. Our daily schedule is now with the organisers, hopefully it will soon make it to the website. It is actually the free public part of the festival, no ticket is needed to get in.

Very happy that you will come! As you can imagine, we are working like crazy on the unMonastery Bios (new name of unMon in-a-box) and coordinating the various activities in the apartment and at Transmediale. Pretty much in tunnel vision mode, so at this moment it is hard to foresee what it will be like in Berlin. In a week we will be there though, is that okay if we get in touch next week, with more concrete ways with regard to how to get involved? We will have open dinners at the apartment and all day each day programme at Transmediale, so you know where you can find us :).

I am happy to do a hangout. I am free on any day after 12 noon this week.

See you soon!

Katalin

Great!

Thanks for the update, @katalin. I’ll be happy to hear more when you’re ready – but please don’t let that distract you from making the event happen!

[I don’t feel a burning need for a hangout, myself, but I’m happy to join one if others think it would be useful]

mesh network

@danohu, if you could help the team building an unMonastery mesh network  (pinging @James Lewis) that would be really helpful. More information next week!

Broad interest

I already expressed thorough interest in the unMon activities at transmediale.

See https://twitter.com/almereyda/status/537416206530408449 @pavlik-elf @kei

@katalin @james I can help setting up a network and still have many devices, antennas and cables in the cellar.

@noemi @dorotea This could also be a chance to talk about https://edgeryders.eu/en/comment/15441#comment-15441