UNDEF update

Remind me to show you how topics can be forked on Edgeryders. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The UNDEF application has just been submitted!

Title:
Supporting local women to champion a citizen science network across the Arab States

Summary:
This project mobilizes women, community members, social innovators and regional partners to build a citizen science network in the Arab States. Driven by a fellowship program with female practitioners, it provides training and knowledge sharing platforms to engage in credible scientific research, broker partnerships, build awareness and propose solutions. Through independent, peer-to-peer innovation it opens space for an inclusive labor market and collaborative sustainable resource management.

Warm thanks for the background support. Please reach out if you’d like any more details.

:love_letter:

5 Likes

@anique.yael Thank you for following up and posting a summary of what was submitted. Sorry, I am so late to this thread. What is the best way to stay in the loop on this, with the aim of providing support where I can (Ie. Feedback on plans/outlines or anything else that comes up)?

1 Like

@shajara A pleasure to connect with you here and thanks for your interest and support!

In terms of what’s next - I see two key things:

1. I’m continuing to foster connections across our networks in Tunisia, Egypt and Morocco in the hope that we can move slowly forward with a citizen science network in the region regardless of the outcome of the UNDEF funding. For example, I’m here in Medenine for the Social Innovation Camp and already have one young extraordinary female biological engineer now interested in setting up a biohacking lab in the city after two conversations with @noemi and I!
  2. We wait. The UNDEF process is a slow one and should we get shortlisted we’ll find out in May or June. This will then see us engage in a deeper scoping and project proposal process when I would certainly be looking to people like yourself for your insights, perspective and expertise. If we’re successful we’ll be able to start the first stage of the project September or thereabouts.

So let’s keep in touch?!

3 Likes

@anique.yael Yes, let’s definitely keep in touch!

I will keep this project in mind and connect anyone in who I think would be a good fit in the mean time :slight_smile:

1 Like