Community engagement status
Tamara met CATALYST and they gave her advice: we have to be visually friendly and make everything being super easy - including registration through the facebook event. It also feels strange that there is a registration form. It reads unprofessional and rude to contact people from her personal page, not from an organisation.
They would get involved in the future if we have concrete projects.
They asked where we are registered, because in Serbia there are 30000 organisations registered and only a few are actually working, the rest are shady.
Approach to reaching out to people: not through facebook (make Tamara very vulnerable to being approached by shady users), but through email.
TASKS for Tamara:
- approach 20 groups (not necessarily organisations) through different channels (please post the list + links to their online website/channels on the Workspace|!)
- make up an invitation from Edgeryders in Serbian that Noemi can use to post on fb groups.
Has set up 2 meetings in Novi Sad on Friday morning for us, ahead of the events.
For Becej everything is set, they will print the poster for the event.
It will be a mixt audience - older but also high school students.
He posted on fb groups about the event, also connected with the Boy Scouts local organisation, the Becej Youth association, and the highschools. Jasen is also in touch with the Technical highschool. He is asking them to have a call ahead of the workshop with the students.
The project he has in mind is an idea originating from the meetup he did there - meeting a very friendly guy who codes, works on crafts and machines. He wanted to have a place where they’d have these machines (laser cutters, cncs where they could cut/repair/remanufacture things in service of the municipality). There is a big problem with vandalism in the city. On one side, we’ll be able to make things, and on the other those who usually break things could maybe get involved to build something, for a change. Already a spokesperson from youth and someone from municipality involved. The message is: there is this platform which we use for communication and setting the stories, what needs to be done, how, and we can exchange ideas to find solutions to every day life.
10’ Edgeryders introduction: slides + 10’ Q^A
10’ Wellbeing in Europe: Jasen speaks about his own experience with edgeryders, LOTE participation etc.
30’ Stories from Becej/ Serbia (3)
10’ Zoli from Ekobecej + 5’ Q&A
30’-45’ Nikola Canak
10’ Jasen: presentation of a common project idea: the space with machines and crafting. Open discussion
13h - 18h
- 20’ Introduction of Hosts (Tamara, Jasen, Noemi) + Edgeryders + Q&A
- 10’ Wellbeing Festival: stories from Berlin, Stockholm, Poland etc. + example stories from Serbia/ what happened in Becej (Tamara)
Community: a group of people coming together under a common goal, and finding things that they want to make together.
- 15’ Participants introductions (game? YES/NO standing)
- 10’ Ivan (human rights) + 10’ Q&A
- 45’ Lunch break
- 30’ Group discussions: 3 TOPICS connected to collaboration & community
- 20’ Open discussion: people come back and report from the smaller group discussions.
- 10’ Uros (MadHeadGames; collaboration of his company with foreign companies ‘open world’) + 10’ Q&A
- 10’ MarkaSvaka + 20’ Q&A
- Wrap up
- Ensure gender balance please!!
- Jasen to send Noemi 3 important points to address in the Edgeryders introduction
- All: We need to send a final email to speakers to ask them what to prepare and how to not go over the time allocated.
- Jasen to rent a car service to drive from Belgrade to Novi Sad and then Becej.
- Rent an Airbnb in Novi Sad and Belgrade (send Noemi links for her to book).
- Book a photographer (also amateur probably OK) for at least 1 of the workshops