The session is more of a panel open discussion about public spaces and how different initiatives /people / municipalities look at /deal with / hack the public spaces.
The discussions would be structured upon these questions (please add your own questions or whatever seems relevant) while taking Georgia as a case study inviting some initiatives that @Elene Margvelashvili invited.
- the public space for whom?
- what are the cars for? transportation or social status?
- challenges faced by the initiatives themselves? lack of expertise in the team, resources …..
- how to collaborate with each other? (challenges and risks )
- how to organize the different bottom up approaches to gain more public spaces rights ?
- having an "insider " in the Government ? how to empower him to get most benefits ? ex : pedestrian association in Tbilisi
- Different perception of public spaces
- hacking the public spaces /city
- Feedback for the initiatives
- imagining a new narrative for the BIG challenges ..
This is more or less the framework that we would like to discuss with #futurespotters and try to get out with something TO DO .
This session is co hosted by Elene and me , More updates coming soon about the different initiatives to be on board for the panel and a final structure for the discussion ( Feedback required please about the questions). basically we want to cover the different range of possibilities between pedestrian rights associations and hacking the public spaces to learn from each other and try to get things moving for a better narrative for the different "public spaces related "initiatives.
photo by b k on flickr (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Date: 2014-06-23 20:00:00 - 2014-06-26 20:00:00, Asia/Tbilisi Time.