Using Edgeryders Forms

yes we can thank @owen for this excellent work. With support from Matt and Hugi.

6 Likes

@owen, could you have a form on-boarding with us?

@marina, @noemi, me, @johncoate and maybe more would be interested. When would suit you?

We would propose the 31st of August. Would that work for you @owen.

1 Like

Two Questions:

1. For NGI event registration forms, could we please add tick boxes for the field in which people work with these cathegories?

scientific community, industry, civil society, general public, policymakers, medias, investors, other EU projects, other

1. Can we have active links in the questions? e.g. could we link the participant information sheet instead of having the full text there?

1 - The tick boxes are added as fields - familiarise yourself with the documentation, and try to make a form - if you can’t or there is a block I can help set it up if needed.

So a check box field would be configured like this:

“fields”: [
{
“type”: “checkbox”,
“title”: “Fifth Question”,
“text”: “Label for fifth question”
}
]

You can then add as many as you like. Or if you would like a drop down list:

“fields”: [
{
“type”: “select”,
“title”: “Fifth Question”,
“text”: “Label for fifth question”,
“options”: [“scientific community”, “industry”, “general public”]
}
]

2 - I will have to check but I think you can put links inside the questions text. If not, it’s simple enough to enable.

Looks very nice, thanks for making it Owen!

I like that all the responses go to the same thread, giving clear overview of participants,

2 Likes

I also want to thank @owen for setting this up, and also for having a quick call with me today to get me up to speed using it and to add the consent funnel default.

However, before the meeting today I felt the need for a “quick, easy and dirty version for non-developers” of how to set up these forms step by step, so here based on our call today:

How to set up Edgeryders Forms for Dummies:

1. Go to the example form / template, enter edit mode and copy all of the text.
  2. Create a “New Topic” in the Workspace and Webcontent-Sandbox category
  3. Paste the copied text.
  4. Change the “topic” number in the configuration (for example “topic”: 14202) to the number on the end of the URL of your new topic.
  5. Now you can check the preview at Edgeryders Forms topic number*
  6. Edit, copy, delete or adjust the texts in the different fields as you need and check the results in the preview.
  7. Once you are satisfied with your form, you can edit the WebKit page (like this one Messina District Webinar - Webkit [XML]) to include the form. > Enter edit mode in the WebKit post of your event and add/edit towards the end of the post.

NOTE:
If the preview does not display, there is probably a small mistake somewhere in the form post, like a missing comma.

3 Likes

Ok so is the one for the event in September working now? @owen @mariaeuler

@nadia Yes, @MariaEuler set it up here - Messina District Webinar Sign-up Form

I just added the consent requirement at the bottom as a required field.

Now we just have to replace the participant information sheet with the details of this event.

@nadia, could you have a look if any details would need changing from this sheet (like project code, is it NGI etc.:

ok here we go @MariaEuler: Participant Information Sheet for online events

@andreja can you add in a comment here the exact text/logo/communication guidelines stuff that needs to be included in climate kic funded projects?

1 Like

Great will be added in today.

I sent it to @estragon and you, https://edgeryders.eu/t/reminder-use-of-the-eit-climate-kic-logo-and-brand-compliance-check-on-projects/14168/3, with the logos and everything (it is enough to write Supported by: and add the C-KIC logo with the EU flag. Plus; Minimum size for print, 14 mm, Minimum size for web36 px. Primary typeface is Titillium and the secondary is Calibri…). Also, @owen added it to Edgeryders.

1 Like

Ok - @owen these are two additional things that forms need to have by default:

1. The standard footer/disclaimer (the text and links below, but no logo as different forms will be tied to different projects)

Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 09.08.26

1. A “with support from” section above the footer for addition of multiple logos that always adhere to the same size ( 36 px)

works?

Some question to do with multilingualism/localisation for these forms (note: this is not a request for any changes @owen and @matthias - also @hugi you might be interested to know this ):
Let’s say we want to produce translations of a form page so as to direct it to different audiences

1. Is it possible at the moment in the current state of the code to have multiple instances of the actual form bit that have the same functionality, but have different language texts on the actual form sections, questions and buttons? More specifically these:

Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 09.26.53

Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 09.26.59

Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 09.27.14

Using Edgeryder Forms for events - Step by step guide:

1. What are Edgeryders Forms used for with events?

Edgeryders Forms provide an easy access to join the platform and a specific conversation both for new and sporadically present community members who still have problems navigating the platform.

• The idea is that the link to the “form” is the only instruction needed to get them onboarded to the event, conversation and platform.
    • Therefore an event form needs to include a description of the event that would serve as an introduction to the topic by itself and states that it is an event organised by Edgeryder + x collaborators.
  • Filling out the form does two things:
    • creating a new or logging into an existing account
    • Posting a comment in a thread defined in the form template
  • The goal of the form is not to generate a list of participants for the event. Registered event participants are everyone who has commented in the thread the form links to for the output posts. The link for the call will be sent via pm to everyone who has commented in that thread, which automatically includes all the ones who filled in the form as well as those who already were on the platform.
    • Therefore it is important to make sure to link the participant information sheet from the beginning in the post header that is linked to the outputs of the form (question here @nadia, should we link that output directly to the event page on the platform (like this one for Messina) or create a new thread? A new thread could generate confusion, linking directly back to the event page would prob best?)

2. The Output Thread:

The form generates comments for a thread of your choosing.
Make sure this thread includes:

1. A link to the participant information sheet from the consent funnel edited to fit the event in question.
  2. The lines:
    * “All who comment on this post will receive the link for the event call.”
    * “Note that by attending that call you will consent to the recording and transcribing of the call for research purposes as described in the participant information sheet.”
    * “Do not share the link to the call directly but rather share this link if you want to invite someone (put the link to the form).”

3. How to set up the form:

1. Go to the example form / template, enter edit mode and copy all of the text.
  2. Create a “New Topic” in the Workspace and Webcontent-Sandbox category
  3. Paste the copied text.
  4. Now you can check the preview at https://tell.edgeryders.eu/ new topic number
  5. Redirect the output of the form:Change the “topic” number in the configuration (for example “topic”: 14202) to the number on the end of the URL of the Output Thread you created.
  6. Edit, copy, delete or adjust the texts in the different fields as you need and check the results in the preview. Remember to include an event description that could stand on its own on the top and mention the organisers (edgeryder + collaborators)
  7. Once you are satisfied with your form, you can edit the WebKit page (like this one Messina District Webinar - Webkit [XML]) to include the form. > Enter edit mode in the WebKit post of your event and add/edit towards the end of the post.

What I’ll do is make the button text configurable (this is already the case for the account and confirmation text) - this way a form can be translated into any language - with each translated version saved in a standalone topic.

1 Like

@nadia @MariaEuler

I’ve added an option to include logo(s) - multiple ones along with the Edgeryders logo if needed.

The footer is now there, and there is an optional partners section - the example form includes all these.

Also the login text is now configurable, so theoretically you can change the entire form language - the only things that would stay in English are now the footer and the error messages.

2 Likes

Great!

@owen, could you help me to find how to redirect the answers of the form?

@MariaEuler you mean where to publish them?

you modify this part of the configuration, as it describes here:

"publish": {
 "topic": 14202
}

You can either put “topic” to specify the topic_id where you would like the answers to be posted in a single thread - or replace “topic” with “category” and put the id of the category you want the responses to be posted in.

In the latter case each answer will be posted as a separate topic in that category.

Here is an example where the responses will be posted in the campfire category (id 237):

"publish": {
 "category": 237
}

Ah, ok I thought that needed to be the number if the specific post and needed to make it show up in the tell.edgeryders… thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like