Online conversation is at the heart of the opencare project (community and research).
Lots of things are taking place on the platform: people posting challenges, news, or attracting others attention on some event, others commenting or relaying information. Looking at who says what to whom and about what is yet another way of benefiting from all this activity.
The visual analytics dashboard foreseen in WP5 needs users to share their dream of a dashboard. We need you to tell us:
- What you use the network for, what questions it helps you investigate.
- What visual display and interactive manipulation best supports your work.
It’s time to dream the tool, by sketching the displays and mimicking interactions using whatever is relevant (comic strips, post-it notes, smartphone videos, …).
Location: Stockholm School of Economics, Sveavägen 65 113 83
How to prepare
- Do you see all posts and comments and users as a network? Spell out a question you have, turn it into a network question. (e.g. Are all people talking about care and food part of a same big group? How did (who triggered it) the conversation go from food to acupuncture? Etc.)
- Think v i s u a l
- Go take a look at EdgeSense, we plan to use it as a baseline dashboard on which we will improve.
- Maybe take a look at Detangler – it lets you select things with a lasso (down-click your mouse and draw a circle, you’ll see!) synching a dual view.
- Comment this post and point at a tool you like or use and would like us to integrate/improve upon.
Date: 2016-06-23 10:00:00 - 2016-06-23 17:00:00, Europe/Paris Time.