Quick update for those who couldn’t make it to the plenary meeting yesterday:
Yesterday the plenary agreed that Alberto and I will continue our work as Treasurer and Coordinator, based on the tasks listed in the role description that was on the draft agenda.
We did not manage to find somebody who is willing to take up the role of Secretary yet, which is why I am writing this post.
The key tasks of the Secretary are:
- Keep the decision log up-to-date
- Take care of the minutes of asbl meetings
- Take care of the members administration:
- Add and remove people from groupings here on the forum
- Make sure people fill in all the onboarding documents
- Collect mini-bios and pictures for the website
- Delete people’s data when they leave The Reef (onboarding documents etc)
- Ensure structure, transparency and order in The Reef’s most important folders and documents.
All in all this is not a lot of work, but for Alberto and myself it’s a bit too much to take on on top of everything else. More importantly it would mean a lot to all of the Reeflings who are already taking up a fair share of the workload if somebody would be willing to step in and share the responsibility to make The Reef work. There is no reason to feel shy if you are still a bit new in The Reef. On the contrary: this is a fast-track opportunity to making The Reef yours!
The idea is that we will review these roles (and who will fill them) in May, so it’s not for a long time. It would be great though if we could find a Secretary at the next plenary meeting. Would anybody want to volunteer?