Web 3.0 DevSprint @unMonastery:Matera?

Hundredth monkey effect?

@almereyda check out what fellow unMonasterians unMonkeys :wink: have build in a weeks when I stayed in Graz/Berlin/Paris

http://mappingthecommons.org/ :smiley:

somehow it makes me think about Hundredth monkey effect, do you have somewhere compiled list of all the various projects working with such idea?

Mapping the Mappings.

Yes, there are lists:

• Soure : https://mapping-berlin.titanpad.com/1
  • Target : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gyqgHDoEj-w8LEdcPBs_J1FMtOf0GHFzZcHPtAQMorI/edit#gid=0

Is that what you intended to know?

I’ve already added two maps you mentionned to the Pad’s chat.

1 Like

Thanks!

Wow, this is a great list. It will take some time to explore all of these projects, want to make sure @mariabyck, @katalin, and @Lucia see this. After my initial glimpse, greatlakescommonsmap.org is of particular interest for its emphasis on stories, and it might be a worthwhile task to formulate our methodology along theses lines.

Mapping the Mappings. Networking the Networks.

As we see now, the Meta-Mapping of Mapping projects is crucial for easing out redundancies in our work : because in the beginning you have the impression you are following a great idea no one else has been thinking about, but once you get out there, you see there are already many resources available to build upon.

Additionally, it’s kind of important to connect all those activists within the field of visualizing the autonomous society (as @Pavlik might say).

So MMM will not only focus on the Taxonomy for entering this data into OpenStreetMap (OSM), but also on connecting the different mapping activities and providing an additional metadata layer for OSM so one can easily add “profiles” to items. Still authentication remains an issue.

Please enjoy http://14mmm.org for further info (continually growing).

Sharing Skills

@Kei, we plan to do a lot skillsharing among ourselves and can always announce our sessions on local OTS channels. I guess we may keep it more on advanced level but if people in Matera would like participate in some beginner level workshops we can happily act as coaches throughout the June :slight_smile: @James Lewis@Samsemilio and Daniel arrive here on 5th, if you like we could do hangout about it even on 6/7th!

Great

That’s exciting! Interested to hear what skills and talk about how to communicate the sessions (and maybe I can dial in for a few?). I could hangout on the 6th or after that, the 9th.

6th is great.

Reschedule?

Seems this slipped my mind without having a set time for the call - let’s hangout on the 10th? Evening your time (7 or 8pm) works best for me.

Sounds perfect to me.

Affirmative!

Jun 10th, 1700UTC / 1900 CEST / 1300 EDT

1 Like

Wilco

Talk soon.

Is it happening?

Where now? It seems I’ve slipped?

@Kei @pavlik-elf

Our bad.

So sorry! Thought elf and you had been in communication.

We had a brief hangout discussing upcoming internal workshops - on Git and Markdown - that can be promoted through OpenTechSchool Matera, as well as talking about flyers, etc.

I would love to talk further about mapping projects, though… And I know elf put together an IRL calendar for the web dev sprint, which he’ll hopefully share for remote involvement!

Not bad.

Yeah, let’s do that slowly. I like patience. And see where we’re going with all this mapping.

too much happening…

sorry Jon, to much happening at the same time and I lost track on inviting you, after system upgrade I needed to re-install hangouts plugin!

Never mind.

You know, we’re exactly tackling this “too much happening” problem. So we have clear, slow paced overviews on distributed processes.

Because the “so much happening”, in my perception, is just a perception.

Elf

I have only just seen this email (my inbox is overflowing!) but I would be
interested to hear where this rebooting of the profiles project has got
to. It’s actually been on my mind a lot over the last few months and I
recently dug out the odd.launchrock.com website to remember what our very
initial blurb was to potential users.

Alex