What freelancers really need - How can technology help freelancers to thrive and where do we desperately need to improve?

Helpful tools for teamwork and those tools with data retention problem (i.e the case of zoom or google based gadgets) could be addressed in the talk. My most used tools are whatsapp-telegram-googledocs-dropbox pages-slack-signal-cryptpad-trello in that order. Thanks @MariaEuler

1 Like

@BlackForestBoi, do you define yourself sometimes as a freelancer? Or are you always a founder? Either way, you are working with many freelancers and also from many different places. Do you have comments on the state of and potential needs for technological tools to enable how you or the freelancers you work with work?

And maybe it is interesting to also ask this question in general, who does identify as a freelancer and what does that mean to you?

1 Like

The Adobe Max event will take place in the same week as this discussion. Will be interesting to comment on the sentiments there in this conversation as well.

1 Like

We would also like to shout out to those in the community with experiences in open-source: Which role does or could open source play for freelancers and remote workers? @felix.wolfsteller and @erik_lonroth

1 Like

If you are interested and want to join the event comment here. Share an experience or a question about your relationship with technology tools as a freelancer:
Adobe sign and edit- digital signature apps have made contracts easier and convenient to complete. On the go saving paper and time.

1 Like

If you are interested and want to join the event comment here. Share an experience or a question about your relationship with technology tools as a freelancer:

1 Like

Hi, I’d like to join the event. I’m a fairly recent freelancer and want to learn more about tech tools that assist in freelancing.

2 Likes

I am interested in what open source tool others use so they (we) can get away from depending on Google and Microsoft.

1 Like

Another question is related to how you as a freelancer markets yourself. Online networking provides revolutionary opportunities for individuals to market themselves and many create their own personal brand which gets them paid. Cory Doctorow is an obvious example of this. So is Howard Rheingold. Since I know both of them personally and for decades I can say that both of them have cranked out material for someone in the public to digest practically every day for years and years. This activity is built into their working day. And there are plenty of other examples in all walks of endeavor, including construction and vehicle repair people who make how-to videos and give them away.

What do you do and what tools do you use to do it?

2 Likes

curios to learn what are the best admin- & collaboration-suites out there?

1 Like

I am a tech founder and would be curious about how other companies are addressing iterations and new versions and when to put them in the marketplace.

2 Likes

Technology seems to be very promising but I don’t think I know all there is to know to make my life and business easier. Google definitely is my friend, from the internet space to the interface as a whole the drive is where I store and share my portfolios from.

2 Likes

Trying to find the right tools to help productivity but not too much tech that it takes over being a human

3 Likes

The first wave of links for the zoom call is now sent out via email. Will sent out a second round 1 h before the event for those who register late.

1 Like

Want to know about tech.

@atelli will you be joining us? If yes I’d is happy to ask you to share your experiences as a digital knowledge worker for a few minutes.

Unfortunately on the road. Happy to give feedback to your notes after the meeting, though. Pls. keep me in the loop. Thanks @MariaEuler

1 Like

If you register after this point we can not promise you will get the zoomlink in time.