This event is free and has no commercial intentions. It is part of a research project.
This event will be a 1h session on Freelancing + Tech + Resilience which bridges between the coworking event we had in July and the resilience summit but is an independent session that will be part of the Freelancer Week.
The event will take place Thursday the 22nd 17:00 -18:00 CET. It is a 1h online session with an expert panel having a conversation on the topic while the audience can engage via questions in the chat.
As a freelancer, as well as other remote workers, are often relying a lot on a barrage of digital tools and applications to do their work. New technologies can and have changed whole industries and are a huge reason for the rise of the freelancing economy.
In this session, we discuss the positive and negative aspects of technology used and needed by freelancers and remote workers with an expert panel representing technology provider/developer, freelancing organisations and working freelancers. The audience can contribute their own questions via the chat during the session.
Some of our questions:
- Which tools have made “all the difference” for the work of freelancers?
- What about the “monopoles” for certain software providers such as Adobe, Google or Microsoft that force freelancers to use and buy those tools to be able to work with their clients.
- Which common problems, like for example easy workload tracking, still haven’t been properly solved? What improvements would freelancers desperately need?
The conversation panel consists of:
- A technology for freelancing provider representative (Matthew Mottola)
- A “professional freelancer” representative (Dani Ifrim)
- A freelancing organisation representative ( Nicole Gray)
If you are interested and want to join the event or even contribute to it either in form of questions or directly to the panel please comment below.
Looking forward to it!
You can share this event via this link: 1. Edgeryders Forms
You will be sent the zoom link to join the session 1 day before the event (another round of links will be sent out 1h before the event for those who register late).
This event is part of the NGI Forward project Generation Internet (NGI) initiative, launched by the European Commission in the autumn of 2016. It received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 825652 from 2019-2021.
You can find a summary of the event here: "Collaboration over Competition" - freelancer technology event follow up article #1
The call will be recorded for research purposes. Please read details about that process in this info sheet: Participant Information Sheet for "Freelancing and Technology". By joining the call you are consenting to the recording as described in the information sheet.