What shall we call Edgeryders' climate/environment unit?

Sure, why not. All good content is welcome.

In the future, the re-published EarthOS book will be rather multiple volumes, and I don’t have to write all of them. The first one would be about housing, resulting from the Reef 2.0 project. There could be others about human organizing etc…

3 Likes

Great. So we have the name? Earth OS? Cool :slight_smile:

3 Likes

All, I personally really like it. And I think that, actually, it may be good it already has some edgeryders history via Matthias.

it’s probably high time to make a decision? Unless there are some problems with it?

1 Like

We are going with it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We all like it! We only need to decide if it’s “EarthOS” or “Earth OS”.

1 Like

I’d say together, but that’s purely intuitive, not based on any science to what works better

2 Likes

The version I have been using since the beginning is in camel case, so “EarthOS”. As a single word, it has the advantage of being more unique in Internet search, compared to just the two words that have a meaning of their own. But that’s not much of an important consideration.

For naming a team / organizational unit, I like both versions actually. “Earth OS” is more descriptive, while “EarthOS” appears more like an identifying name of a single product / system. The descriptive one “Earth OS” might make more sense to express that “it’s a unit that cares about sustainable civilization” rather than “it’s the unit that develops EarthOS, you know, this crazy publication series”.

In any case, EarthOS / Earth OS is good as the title to put into the edgeryders.eu main menu etc., but the long form when talking to people would have to be something like “I’m part of the Earth OS division / team / unit of Edgeryders”. “I’m part of Earth OS” makes rather no sense: the unit cares about developing / maintaining / contributing to the Earth’s Operating System, but is not identical with it.

1 Like

It’s difficult to police this kind of usage. You are right, but in practice people might use shorthand like “that’s an Earth OS contract” or “you should call in Earth OS”. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: