What we get out of a membership in the Reef is access to unique opportunities to develop skills and behaviours needed for living and working well with others:
- Use of our coworking space and guest room (incl. public transport & sim card)
- Project development & partnership-building support
- Invitation to participate in Skill Development Masterclasses
- Invitation to networking dinners, parties, and adventures
- Full unlimited access passes to our Annual Community Summits (e.g. OpenVIllage Festival)
What you will learn:
- how to present & sell your ideas
- community building and management
- intercultural communication
- resolving and limiting damage from conflicts
- building practical skills like permaculture, carpentry and plumbing
- improving nutrition and physical wellbeing
- recognising and dealing with common psychosocial problems e.g. depression
What each one of us contributes:
- When becoming a member: money to cover running costs (for a breakdown of these go here).
- While in the house: as resident and/or visiting: share costs of collective meals.
- On the online community platform: feedback and knowledge to support one another’s work.
Our approach towards community and support-building implies trust and a spirit of generosity, rather than transactional relationships. Members are contributors and not service recipients. This means the focus stays on accommodating each other to the best of our possibilities in order to meet each other’s needs. If and when scheduling conflicts appear for lodging or other calendar events, we put our heads together to come up with creative solutions.
There are a number of membership options to choose from - write to email@example.com for more information. Here are some examples of what is available: