So we’re in the final sprint towards the official launch of Spot The Future when this thing kicks off for real. We’re on TV in Georgia, the post submitted by Christina about the work they were doing with hackathons in Tblisi lead to them being contacted for a collaboration. The level of activity is already unprecidented for a project that hasn’t actually started yet.
Edgeryders is all coming together, inspiring one another and helping each other live up to our full potential. And when we move together, things happen. So if you want to push the boundaries of what we can achieve together there is no better time to get started!
This is the workflow between now and Monday. It’s divided in parrallel tracks and each step can be done independently. . @Matthias is already working on Step #1 of Track B. You can pick whatever else you like and just jump in. All the live links you need are posted below this visualisation:
TRACK A :Preparing Spotthefuture.edgeryders.eu
- Implement top level menus in 3 languages & buttons to switch between them
- Post English copy on all pages
- Read instructions for how to create multilingual site http://multilingual-help.squarespace.com/how-to-create
- Login to the squarespace account for spotthefuture.edgeryders.eu, instructions here.
- Set up the three different language menus and buttons to change between them
- Post a comment below when youre done!
- Post post translations on alternate version of site
- . Prepare one multilingual discussion group: https://edgeryders.eu/arrivals
- Text for setting up translation available here: https://edgeryders.eu/spot-the-future/mission-briefs
- Document how you did it w. screenshots Provide clear instructions for people who want to help set up the rest
- Prepare “event” for each workshop
- Links to 1 page essay submission forms: https://edgeryders.eu/spot-the-future/your-essay-topics-for-the-undp-spot-the-future-program
- links to discussion to get started/ arrive discussion group in right language: https://edgeryders.eu/spot-the-future/mission-briefs
- find beautiful creative commons images for each page & post on event page with proper attribution (e.g. using flickr)