Working out loud: Who's joined #OPENandChange swarm application.. and your spot available!

We are slowly weaving our learnings in #opencare as part of the #OPENandChange bid for the MacArthur Foundation’s call. Reminder: we are mounting (and very publicly!) an application to propose community led care services as the solution to the world’s broken care systems.

25 projects, organisations and informal networks have joined to be part of our swarm application so far. The call is still open and you are very welcome to join it. Learn more at OPENandchange.care

In addition to collaboratively building grant applications, we come together as a community to build broad support for members’ activities. You can contribute by: reading one of these inspiring stories, sharing them with your network, and leaving a thoughtful comment to help move the thinking forward! Some of the latest:

Autonomy and community in care:

Buoy Coordinated Crisis Response and Community-based Mutual Aid, without a State

Woodbine Health Autonomy Center After Occupy, Sandy and Katrina - Developing structures to empower community health, access to resources, and preventative medicine

Team Able: Deep conversations about accessibility and inclusion with Raul Krauthausen, Rosalie, and her parents

New Technology! Soundsight - enables blind and vision impaired to be independent from aid devices by boosting nonvisual senses

Reflections on systems, innovation and care:

Natalia: Greece as a hot-spot of transformative future (conversation with Pavlos Georgiadis, part 2)

Ezio’s Manzini - Can collaborative care services help us to overcome the care crisis?

Dougald Hine - The Regeneration of Meaning: Mitigating the negative consequences of unemployment on psychological and social health of the individual

New Space! - Setting up Huis Vdh as a community open home and making of weekend sessions!

Technologies, participation and care:

ReaGent - Reviving biology education through experimental learning and providing open and inclusive access to a community bioengineering lab.

Rune Thorsen - Streamlining innovation in assistive technology and offering alternatives to patients required to spend 5-10K € for tech that’s now cheap to make?

Éireann Leverett - Securing our medical data to avoid it flowing around the world to companies that may or may not be protecting it

New Product! Cloudi - a swing designed to encourage more playground interaction between children with disabilities and those without

… and more. Check them all out here.

How we honour your contributions

100andchange openandchange

• You get an invitation to one of the OPENandChange workshops in Sept 2016 in Thessaloniki, Berlin, Brussels .. Claim it by leaving a comment on the event pages.
  • You get a ticket to CARING ON THE EDGE - The 2017 edition of our annual community summit. Claim it early by registering on the event page (just press Attend).

Hello Noemi,

I just discovered this platform on Google and got interested but I am really new here.

I am Mushongole Muganuzi Adonis Congolese Refugee Founder Executive Director of YAREN the Young Africans Refugees Entrepreneurs Network from Uganda working to provide Clean water for Refugees at Nakivale Refugee Settlement in South Western, women and youth empowerment as fighting for child marriage.

This is my organization’s Facebook page,

This is my documentary on water and there you can watch some others video https://youtube.com/watch?v=BZ0J8s4EoaM&feature=share

www.yarenafricaa.org under designing

I made one more step today to start my organization’s new branch in the capital city of Uganda in Kampala, it was great moment with these women talking on self-reliance.

I made last week workshop survey,
Looking to understand what the women refugees in urban area they wish can do and what they know but also on gender and climate change.

Most are interested to learn more to develop their skills in hand crafts, some hair dressing, tailoring, Cataring and business marketing.

Now I am working so far to implement it, let me know how I can get involved to learn more also from what you are doing