Workshop in London: Ethnographic research in policymaking - Opportunities and barriers

Part of Open Policy 2015: the power of open

Friday, 27 February 2015 from 17:00 to 18:30 (GMT)

Cabinet Office

Churchill Room

100 Parliament Street 

SW1A 2BQ London 

United Kingdom

" With the drive for policy makers to try out new tools and techniques, including starting with the perspectives of citizens, end users and front line staff working in public services, it's useful to understand the bigger picture about what ethnography offers and what could, or should, come with it as a type of evidence for policy making.

This session brings together leading experts involved in bringing ethnographic approaches into policymaking to have a reflective discussion about the opportunities from and the barriers to such research being used effectively. We’ll also hear from ethnographers working in business and social innovation, which has been using these approaches for much longer. "

For tickets, register here: http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/workshop-18-ethnographic-research-in-policymaking-opportunities-and-barriers-tickets-15653090816

Date: 2015-02-27 17:00:00 - 2015-02-27 17:00:00, Europe/London Time.

1 Like

Done…

I’ve registered for this…

1 Like

I’m interested, but i can’t make it due to previous commitments.

Could you let us know how it goes?

1 Like

Im especially interested in the key arguments/discussions

…as well as an overview of which organisations are exploring use of ethnography in their work. And what they are using it to do? What current approaches are being used and where are their percieved shortcomings?

Reporting back…

… is vital…and will be done

1 Like