Worldbuilding: Illustrations, sketches and images

This game might be a relevant reference in style and topic:

I think and hope we could do much better than reusing the trite propaganda images.

Honestly, I would strongly advise against using original political posters and references because they are misleading in a game like this and would require quite some effort to be converted and credible…

The same goes for the game - there is already plenty of characters and concepts in Witness that there is no need to tie them to any real world figures. Too many strings attached.

Was more refering to the aestetic, not to usi g the concrete caracters and posters, but fair enough I see your point.

The scifi setting gives us some freedom here that we should not sqander.

1 Like

Yes I think part of this is finding an aesthetic that is forward looking and not references to a past that may or may not resonate with people depending on where they are from. To me communist aesthetics are the murder of an entire generation of Ethiopian intellectuals.

This artwork got me thinking of Witness (2 links)
https://www.uu.nl/en/events/seeds-of-better-futures-festival-global-online-edition

There was also this thread Developing the Artwork for the Witness Card game - #2 by nadia

What about these visuals https://www.neom.com

Le Corbusier with solar panels. A mix of Kowloon walled city, Ville Radieuse and and that city folding scene from Inception?

When you think about it, living in this place is likely to look like this for the rich:

While more affordable options are likely to look more like this:

Forget the flashy mirror renderings, I want to know how the lower and middle classes of the supposedly 9 million would be living in this artifice.

Witness 1
Witness 2

Created with Midjourney, image creation with text from Witness.

1 Like

The first one is actually impressive :slight_smile:

I just came from venice. Some similarities here.
Also stargate atlantis

I like stargate atlantis because it considers 3 dimensional engineering of a seaborne city.

With the recent development of AI generated content, we could make a Witness movie at low or no cost…