Advanced facilitation training

Following up on the intention to bring in more sociocracy and facilitation training (see Basic sociocracy and facilitation training (sessions 1.1-3): spring 2024 cycle), here’s a proposal for five “advanced facilitation sessions”.

These sessions build up from the basic training, and bring in some very interesting real life complications, including the drama triangle and then all sorts of complications around staying on topic. Personally I found it very enriching. A lot of “WTF?!?!” experiences, and because of that - for me at least - a lot of fun.

The idea is that Team Coordinators and Facilitators would follow three of these as a participant (i.e. no need to practice as a facilitator if you don’t want to) and that people who would like to facilitate plenary meetings go through the full cycle of these advanced sessions.

All sessions will be online, from 7 to 9 pm. To parcipate as a player (i.e. without facilitating) you’ll a minimum of understanding of the basic course. To participate in the exercises as a facilitator you’ll need to be really familiar with these basics.

As with the previous series, the idea is to see whether we can get to a group of 3-4 people for every session. If not, then we shift the entire schedule forward and we take it from there.

This would be the schedule:

• Session 2.1: basics recap

• Session 2.2: drama triangle

• Session 2.3: topic management 1

• Session 2.4: topic management 2

• Session 2.5: all complications combined

Can you please indicate whether you will be participating in the following sessions?

“Yes I can make it”

• Tuesday 21/05
  • Monday 27/05
  • Thursday 06/06
  • Tuesday 18/06
  • Thursday 27/06
0 voters

“No I can’t make it”

• Tuesday 21/05
  • Monday 27/05
  • Thursday 06/06
  • Tuesday 18/06
  • Thursday 27/06
0 voters

i might make it on 27/06… need to figure out what my last lesson is of this school year…