2020 Videos

omg let’s pleeeeeease have some sort of narratively-relevant sentient cat pleeeeaaaaaaseeeeee I ask for so little

Can you think of a cat that’s a pet, but also some sort of distrikt tool?

1 Like

@hugi mentioned some toxiplasmo-something? Cat is carrier of something that makes people docile and serve it while also having important conflict resolution/social harmony enhancing properties like Adele in that SNL skit about thanksgiving (everyone loves kittens)?

Do we need the final name (not-Extremistan) for the video?

1 Like

“Brother Chinhua’s team has made another breakthough with developing the closed-loop ecology onboard the Saint Cristopher! We could go much faster, but the Superiors want us to develop the first prototype on parchment, and run the computation by hand.”

“They are wise, Brother. Too easy access to the Order’s AIs would tempt us into arrogance.”

BREAKING – The Heron of Alexandria Cooperative, based out of the Lothlorien Distrikt Minor in The Assembly, has rolled out a cocktail of microorganisms that, once ingested, allows animals (including humans) to efficiently digest previously indigestible materials, including cellulose. “It’s not for sale – Coop spokeswoman Vittoria Alata De Robertis told this reporter – As always, we open sourced the protocol to make it; on top of it, we have started our own production, which we offer the members of our cooperative as a benefit. This will make us very popular, and practically unkillable: being able to eat practically anything future-proofs as against any imaginable supply chain breakdown.”

1 Like

This is purrfect! :joy: just started some imagery experiments this morning and used a cat as my base vid

digicato

2 Likes

Hhhmmmm though that would be good, I’ve figured a way not to give too much detail, so we don’t have to make this decision right now

Apologies for the delay. My first attempt was garbage. Upgraded my camera and mic. Here you go: 1080p, as requested, 5000kbps bitrate on the video. I’ve used a rudimentary noise gate in OBS to clip out some of the background noise and record only when speaking.
5 seconds of ungated silence included, all separate files. Hope this can be used.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uDRS4JK8UwFtd2GI_sk-JdV0JYP-JGFd?usp=sharing

3 Likes

:woman_mage: :rocket: :unicorn: :clown_face: :poop: :smiling_imp:

1 Like

also, cat gods cat gods egypt at DuckDuckGo

Biscotti approves of cat gods

1 Like

Wonderful, Yudha! Thank you so much!
I’m finding my way around the content =)

1 Like

HE’S BEAUTIFUL!!!

I wont add my own here :slight_smile:

1 Like

hey @IvanC could you send me all those logos I should use at the end of my video?

EIT Climate-KIC + EU flag

Logo.Black

ER red 1389x1389 https___cdn.evbuc.com_images_112191505_99632995891_1_original

nordiskkulturfond_black_rgb globus_logo_black_rgb
Blivande Logo

1 Like

Alright everyone! Here’s my “Introduction to the project” video!
I hope you like it! It was certainly a labour of love :slight_smile:

Relevant tags: @nadia @MariaEuler @alberto @yudhanjaya @IvanC @hugi

And here’s a couple of notes about it:

An un-crunchy request

In the end I had to give this video a lot or priority these last few days and I’m late with everything else in my life :grimacing: it would be nice, in case you request any changes, that you don’t request anything too structural. But if needed, I’ll find a way.

A couple of apologies

— I’m sorry I didn’t include any cats. I tried to, I swear, but couldn’t fit them in any work/economics scenario, so I ended up cutting the cat I had already prepared. Thought the scenes I included were more relevant to set the tone
— I showed up too much in the video, and the real reason is that I failed at properly briefing Alberto and Yudha. I realise now I should have been far more specific. In the end I had to record a bunch of things to ‘fill the gaps’ that I myself created. I hope that’s not too much of a bother, but if it is, I volunteer to create a new version with a more balanced division if you folks provide me with more scenes (but not before Monday, please, these things take time)

The last seconds

The last 15 second of the video are the way they are to take advantage of the end card function on youtube — which is powerful, and should be used!

I know a bunch of youtube optimization tricks, so to whoever is gonna upload it: if you wanna jam, I’m up for it!

(I know you folks like Vimeo, but the audience is not there. Strongly recommend you surrender to our Kapitalyst overlords just this once)

Would be nice to include

In the description of the video, if would be cool if you included something like:
Video by Joriam Ramos
Check out his worldbuilding series: https://tinyurl.com/worldbuildingt

Mandatory to include

This one here is absolutely mandatory, just so we’re legal with the content I used:

Extra media provided by

Train footage by Machinist Stefan
Cab Ride NL Den Haag CS, Under CC-BY

3 Likes

I like it!

Of course we will include it. Who does the upload? @IvanC?

It’s fab! And also, I have subtitles for it (Descript is really good for this) - where do i upload them for you?

I was expecting cat wrath from you Nadia :joy:
I’m not very versed with subtitles, but I think you need to upload it in the video platform after you upload the video itself

I guess just keep it in our drive folder for now?

my cats are catty enough for 7 people so we’re good.

1 Like

Love it!

The train was an awesome idea and I like the iceberg concept more and more.

I have a request though.
Please add in the beginning a silent black (or white) fade in with the EIT Climate KIC logo.
They are pretty strict about their branding and it is necessary.

No problem, I will upload the video as soon as the webinar is over.

Et voilà les subtitles.