4WD Event Oss 2022 transcripts - 19CYX

No. Garage Yeah. Dealer Garage. And of course, the price. Never for the knowledge of the garage. No. Okay.

Tell me about the last time one of the electronic devices in your car or another car malfunctioned.

Well, it didn’t malfunction, but I left my lights on, so the battery went dead. That’s the last malfunction that I had. Yeah.

And the other car? Never before?

No, no. Because in our normal car, the lights turn off automatically when you turn off the car. And in our 4x4, it doesn’t. So that’s usually the thing that I forget. And it happened now I think two or three times. So no, nothing else. Oh, no.

Okay. Have you ever heard the term circular economy in dutch cirkulere ekonomie?

I have heard it, but I have no idea what it is.

And you.

no, the economy in our car and then.

It’s just economy based on sharing, reusing, repairing and recycling and so on. If you had the option to replace a malfunctioning electronic component in a car you were using with a new component, or would you take a used one and why?

It depends on the component. If there is a good alternative and used components, I would use that. Yeah, definitely. Because it’s usually more cheaper. But if it’s necessary to have a new one and perhaps a better one, a more efficient one, then I would choose the new one. Yeah.

So what would be, in your opinion, are pros and cons for new or used part.

Price and if it’s more efficient? Yeah.

Your meaning?

Yeah. Same. Yeah.

Do you have concerns about privacy and personal data stored by car electronics, for example, in jeeps when thinking about reuse of car electronics?

No, no. If you have worries about your privacy in electronics, you have to worry about a lot more than only your car. I think your phone is the most the most important one to be worried about. Yeah. Not your car. No, that’s no problem.

Yeah, that’s true.

does recycling and reusing means different things to you.

Yes and no, because recycling is, how you called in English. So reducing the product to its compounds and creating something new from the same compounds and reusing that as the example which you asked me before, the reusing of electronics that already exists. So that’s not exactly the same. No, no.