4WD Event Oss 2022 transcripts - 26GLX

I’m working on research in the automotive sector. And I would like to know your point of view. If you accept, I’m going to record our conversation, transcribe it and put the transcription with a pseudonym, not your real name, in a repository of text documents that will be used for the research. If we do this and you change your mind and no longer want to participate, get in touch with us and we will immediately remove your interview from the repository. I’m leaving you an information sheet with contacts, so if you agree, please tell you your name, surname and that you agree.

My name is Glenn Flank and I’m okay with this.

Yeah, Thank you. Well, so the first question then is the one objective that comes to mind when you think about car electronics.

That it doesn’t respond good to water. And every time we get in the mud, we get a small problem with a car. So. Yeah, yeah, that’s it. Yeah.

Yeah. Currently owning a car. Could you list five electronic components in your car.

The standard one or the kind of the modifications? Yeah. We put a diesel heater on our car. More working lights of course. the radio and. Yeah. What, What? We got more, a winch? Mm hmm. Mm. Yeah, that’s it. Yeah, that’s it. Yeah. Yeah. Okay.

What kind of maintenance schedule do you have for your car?

Yeah, Yeah, Every day. Yeah, we do our maintenance ourselves, so every 30,000 kilometres we are changing our oils and filters. And when a problem’s get a sooner, we have to fix them ourselves because we own a very old car and that needs a lot of love. And it’s when we go to a garage, it is too expensive. So that’s why we do it ourselves. Okay.

Yeah. Tell me about the last time one of the electronic devices in your car or a car You did drive malfunction?

Yeah, it was our. It was our fuel. Entire fuel system that failed. We have to replace the entire fuel system from filters to the pumps. And that’s our last big problem with our car. Yeah.

Have you ever heard the term circular economy in dutch cirkulere ekonomie?

Yeah. Yeah.

What does it mean to you? In your own words?

In my own words. It is that you use parts again and again and again. You’re going to fix them and not replace them. Yeah, that’s, that’s all ga Especially we first gonna try to fix it and if it’s really broken, then we have to replace it.

If you had the option to replace a malfunctioning electronic component in the car you were using with a new component or a used one. And what would be pros and cons of each for you?

If a part is broken and need to be replaced, the first thing we do is search for youth parts because they are a lot cheaper and they work nine out of ten times and the cons of a new component, it’s a lot more expensive. And most of the times you pay for the brand name and used parts. They are discarded. So you can use them again and again and again if it works. Yeah.

Do you have concerns about privacy and personal data stored by car electronics, for example? Gps when thinking about reuse of car electronics?

Yeah, that’s a difficult question because the last years they’re going to store your data on everywhere, all things. If you use a new cell phone, your personal stuff is going to keep in kept in a database. So I think privacy is not not.

Does not exist.

No, no, it doesn’t exist anymore. Yeah.