Here is a list of actionables downstream of the consortium meeting. It’s a wiki: feel free to add or comment.
We have plenty of reporting and housekeeping to do. Also, we have come up with ways forward on several threads.
- Marco – Some deliverables and actions are waiting for a green light. Please go through Luce's presentation, find them HERE (see D71/72/73/74) and take action as appropriate.
- Marco – We need an offline equivalent of the consent funnel installed on Edgeryders. Marco to produce it. UPDATED – see here.
- Marco, Costantino and Rossana – Next, we need to collect consent of the people who participated to previous offline workshops. This is needed for posting online documentation of offline activity. Not needed when people came out of workshops and posted on edgeryders.eu (like Wave).
- Alberto – Go through the UK govt self-assessment tools for data retention and research ethics. Print and upload the reports. Best place is GitHub repo under opencare.cc. UPDATED - see here.
- Erik – Get ethical approval from Swedish national authority.
- Marco – The keystone of our ethics strategy is framing edgeryders.eu as a blogging service. I think we already made the point on a previous deliverable. Double check this is the case and change it as appropriate.
- Costantino – Make direct hyperlinks from the landing page to data management plan and ethics plan. Content for user info at this link, ready for online publication + put privacy page on opencare.cc (document for content here)
Data Management (WP7)
- Erik – Add your survey data to an open data repository. We suggest zenodo.org. Document them with appropriate metadata. Add a section to the Data Management Plan as needed.
- Costantino – Add one or more sections to the Data Management Plan as needed (eg. InPe prototype).
- Marco – Add one or more sections to the Data Management Plan as needed (deep games and simulations).
Technical report and ways forward
We use the technical report (part B) to report on WPs and explain what we will do next. Part A is meant to give a bigger picture of the project and present its achievements and goals as a whole. Partners need to complete both parts, according to this table.
General feature of opencare: we can use the challenge format on edgeryders.eu to ask the community to address topics of interest.
- Rossana, Franca, Noemi – City of Milano to launch a challenge on policy-for-care. Edgeryders to help set it up. Policy and collaboration with government already emerged from conversation.
- Rossana – Interview people with relevant experience. Create challenge responses to their name (in Italian and English) to seed the conversation.
- Lucia – Ask higher-ups if they are up to morph this into a full-on consultation. Opportunity to latch onto the Italian Govt's 3rd OGP action plan.
- Costantino – Make decision on where to take engagement in 2017. Several ideas were floated:
- Ethnography of making (maybe involving Federico)
- Stories of technology: interviews on making, collaboration, and community. Example: Alessandro's stories on rewriting GPS libraries for InPe. Share stories on edgeryders.eu. Attempt to get a conversation going on this.
- Develop an "embeddable version of edgeryders.eu" to put on the websites of prototypes. We could start with InPe. Attempt to get conversation going , oriented to feedback on the prototype.
- School of Engagement and Documentation for makers and social innovators.
- Marco, Alberto – Move forward with the fellowships. We agreed to openly ask the community to step forward to become fellows. We make it clear that the fellows will be appointed top-down by ScImpulse (they are hired staff, but used for the same purpose for which we had envisioned fellowships in the proposal: field work/assessment work of bottom-up care initiatives). This allows us to be fair and nonextractive to the community, and is likely to boost engagement significantly. Important for Noemi and Nadia.
- Please provide feedback and communicate on these deliverables and milestones BEFORE DEC 15TH:
@markomanka: Deliverable 1.3 Open call text / WP7 Ethics requirements (see section above) / Milestone 03 Diverse participation in onboarding workshops
@lakomaa and @tino-sanandaji: Milestone 10 Policy research feeding into the conversation
- on the upcoming ones for December:
@lakomaa and @tino-sanandaji: Task 4.3 Research data analysis
@melancon: Deliverable 1.2 Hackathon material, proceedings / Deliverable 5.1 Toolbox for developing network-based software for collective intelligence / Deliverable 5.2 White papers: user task and requirements; data abstractions and operations requirements
@markomanka: Deliverable 6.5 Ethics interim evaluation and guidance report