Bern User Forum 2023 Transcripts - 01AND

Okay. Although I’m just and I’m working on research in circular economy and automotive sector and I would like to know your point of view. If you accept, I’m going to record our conversation, transcribe it and put the transcription with a pseudonym, not your real name, in a repository of text documents that will be used for the research. If you do this and you change your mind later and no longer want to participate, get in touch with us and we will immediately remove your interview from the repository. I’m leaving you an information sheet with contact information for you, so please tell me your name and if you agree.

Okay. Andre and I agree.

And what is your name, please? Andre. Andre. Thank you. So the first question, can you define a circular economy in your own words?

Well, it’s a economy where what has been invested in creating the products or the solution in that process, the end result and how it returns back into the economy has also been taken into accordance.

Thank you. And how did you become interested in the circular economy, ideas and practices?

Well, I’m coming from a background of the construction industry, digitization of the construction industry, and currently the focus there is in terms of circular economy is also to capture what has been built in in a building, in a digital format, in a building information model, so that that could be used in the next phase as well. So when it’s being demolished or reused.

Okay. In your opinion, can a circular economy be implemented in individual sectors or industries?

I think it does application in all all industries.

do you think the circular economy already exists in, for example, the car industry.

Hopefully some parts are being reused. I think the basically the the nicest example that I’ve seen of that has been retrofitting of existing cars to become electro electro cars. So not only demolishing but then also reusing the cars. So I think it could be. Yeah, Yeah. Okay.

Do you currently own a car?

Yes. Yes.

Which kind of car is it?

It’s a Kia Kia.

Hybrid or electric or.

Normal engine. It’s a diesel. Diesel. Yeah. Yeah.

When is the one adjective that comes to mind when you think about car electronics?

electronics in the car? What’s the objective that comes?

What is the first what do you think about it?

No battery and wires. It’s it’s lights. Yeah. Yeah.