Call for participants and organizing team for Infodemic Design Challenge

2020-05-06T22:00:00Z2020-05-10T22:00:00Z

1. What is your project about? What’s the problem it solves and how?
    Hi everyone! I am Daveed of the COVID19 InfoImmunity Project. We are super excited to be partnering withthe Auxiliary on a design challenge for the COVID19 Infodemic.
    The World Health Organization says “The 2019 corona virus disease (COVID-19) epidemic and response has been accompanied by a massive ‘infodemic’ - an over-abundance of information – some accurate and some not – that makes it hard for people to find trustworthy sources and reliable guidance when they need it.”
    If you would like to participate, please register here:
    Infodemic Challenge: A COVID19 Hackathon - Spotlight Atlanta Tickets, Fri, May 15, 2020 at 7:00 PM | Eventbrite.

2. What stage are you in?
    Underway. Project launches in two weeks. We are designing the challenge now and beginning to recruit volunteers and participants.

3. What call are you answering, grant are you applying for or what other goal do you have with the text/presentation you are crafting??
    NA. This a grassroots effort not based on a call.

4. What do you need concrete help with? People? Skills? Guidance? Clarity?
    If you would like to join the organizing team, please fill out this survey:
    Organizing Team. We are looking for people who want to help design and deliver the challenge, including mentors, outreach, social media ambassadors, and other roles.
    Please add any suggestions for judges, experts, and sponsors in this thread.
    @nadia @lylycarrillo @MariaEuler: would Edgeryders be a partner?

1 Like

Hey Daveed, this looks interesting - What does it mean to be a partner, is there a formalised agreement we could have a look at? cc @claurau

Also tried to do some searching for “the Auxiliary” but didn’t get very far - do you have a URL?

The Auxiliary is at https://resistcovid.com.

Partnership is relatively fluid in that community partners can decide how they want to participate and bring people to the challenge. We do not have a formal agreement, but open to a MOU or other agreement if that is helpful on your side.

The Covid19 InfoImmunity project invites Edgeryders to be a Community Partner in our COVID19 Infodemic Design Challenge, inspired as the next step to the The World Health Organization`s Infodemic Management consultation conference brainstorm.

The Covid19 Infodemic Design Challenge is a five-day, entirely online collaborative design challenge from Thursday May 7th to Monday May 11th. The design challenge is an international collaborative effort, aiming to attract individuals and teams from all over the world to design solutions, tools, platforms, strategies, models and/or MVPs that could have a significant effect on the Infodemic.

Community Partners promote the design challenge on their preferred channels (e.g., Twitter, Slack, email, portal) and/or help recruit judges, experts, and mentors. Community Partners can also do expert sessions, hold office hours, and be mentors.

How you can help

Be a Community Partner for the design challenge (May 7-11th timeframe). Work with me to determine how Edgeryders wants to participate. We will list Edgeryders in promotional materials, so we will need a one-paragraph blurb and your logo.

cc: @claurau

I’d be happy to take a look but since I’m new to Egderyders it would be useful for me to get some kind of onboarding as to what you’re ideas are for collaborations etc.