To get started
- Develop a thorough understanding of our objectives and together with the directors, identify key groups and individuals to engage via social media. An example of a clearly defined target group is decision makers within the European Commission relevant to our current EC funded projects. Another example is people concerned about spiritual and moral development in the wake of the recent Catholic church scandals in Poland.
- Do research on the target groups/list of individuals to design a communication and content strategy to reach and engage them via online channels.
- Discuss and finalise the metrics, strategy and timeline of activities (campaigns) for the next 3 months with the Outreach team & community management team.
- Familiarise yourself with Edgeryders digital channels, tools, platform content, and audiovisual assets. Propose strategy for effectively making use of them to meet our objectives, or supplementing them where required.
- Design, execute and maintain a way to engage members of the edgeryders community to act as multiplicators. How: by working with the outreach director, community management team to design incentives and campaigns for members to share content from the edgeryders platform via their individual social media channels on a regular basis.
- Participate in a biweekly virtual chat with the outreach director and community managers.
- Compile a list of landing pages to drive account creation and publishing of posts and comments on the edgeryders.eu platform. How: Select content from the Weekly community summaries posted in English, Polish, Czech, German sub-forums. Refine the copy, visuals and URLs of existing pages where needed (e.g posts created by users and or community managers). This includes verifying non-English language content with language community managers to make sure it’s accurate & appropriate.
- Create promotion materials for specific topic themes, articles and discussions posted on the edgeryders.eu platform : this includes
- Create and disseminate effective social media updates to drive traffic to the landing pages on the list. How: create social media, flyers, tweets, videos etc to draw people in to list of landing pages. You will get a budget for sourcing third party services e.g design or copywriting - NB: each expenditure have to be approved a priori in writing by the outreach director.
- Create, source and curate appropriate content for our social media channels to raise their perceived value as sources of interesting & relevant content for our target groups. How: Devise and execute a campaign to get people to forward us interesting, high quality content they come across on social media.
- Create lists of campaign- relevant social media accounts for individuals who can act as multiplicators for outreach campaign content including calls for participation, promotion of articles etc. How: Find out topics that are trending in the different target countries and groups. Work with the community managers to create status updates connecting the content we are promoting with the trending topics. Find a time efficient way to reach people discussing the topics with the status update and URL to the landing page. A suggestion: do this by attending the biweekly online team meetings and community virtual cafes.
- Create general interest status update and post them on the general community forum (Campfire) to drive interest from individuals already signed up on the edgeryders platform but not currently active on it.
- Create topic specific status updates to drive interest from people who have signed up on a subforum on the platform but are currently not active on it and send it out via group messaging. How: Compile and maintain up-to-date /list based on forum signups - 1 list per focus nationality - details to be discussed with the respective community managers and our technology director.
- Create and optimise one monthly newsletter for the edgeryders company to draw business leads from current, prospective, and past clients/funders. Promote it via the appropriate channels. How: Work with the edgeryders management team to create appropriate materials and social media ads/campaigns to generate business interest for edgeryders competences, products, services, events, trainings and projects.
Your reporting deliverables
- Bi-Weekly report posted on edgeryders.eu: social media + edgeryders platform analytics + newsletter performance. Focus on engagement rates and conversions into forum signups, and ways to improve them. Can we track engagement-as-clicks on social media into signups on edgeryders? Post before Monday 17:00 for previous two weeks.