Community call #1: Introducing newcomers to #futuremakers project, and co-designing the Cairo workshop

On June 4 we will run the first futuremakers workshop in Cairo. As we don’t have a lot of time to prepare we are doing a sprint introduction and co-design session running on skype all day today.

To join in just write a message on Skype (add edgeryders to your list of contacts) and we’ll add you to the group conversation.

Purpose of the workshop

To continue building together what was started during the much appreciated #futurespotters workshop we had last year.  During the workshop participants discovered many inspiring projects, sometimes happening around the corner from them, that they didn’t know about. Participants went through a facilitated process to discover goals, as well specific problems, that are common to many of the existing local projects and their protagonists. The main result was a deep insight that collaboration (or cooperation) is both a key strategy both for solving the problems and opening big windows of opportunity for everyone* both at home and abroad.

We also identified a key obstacle to more collaboration happening: lack of safe spaces for for changemakers to learn to cooperate between peers, projects, networks and organisations. The purpose of the June 4 workshop is to develop collaboration skills and opportunities between old and new members of the community. The call is to co-design the workshop itself and prepare the invitation to the event.

*Based on this report summarising findings: Spot The Future - What did we learn together?

Date: 2015-05-22 22:00:00 - 2015-05-22 22:00:00, Europe/Brussels Time.

I’m in!

Looking forward.

Would love to participate in this call! I’m supervising a group in Marrakech today but will be available in the afternoon. What time is the call?

1 Like

Will try

Will try to join if I hadn’t any difficulties with the adsl network.

1 Like

Let’s agree on a time?

Does 17:00 CEST work for everyone?

:frowning:

Unfortunately fully booked today… But will be interested to read the outcome!

1 Like

Inshallah :slight_smile:

Will do my best!

17:00 cest is cool