During last night’s community call, we discussed the need to connect the different themes of the festival to each other as to not lose the advantage of the diversity represented. A way to do it is clustering around big questions that many of us have, and then involving different perspectives to find answers during more generalized sessions.
We decided that we shouldn’t spend too much time on discussion, as some sessions are now being made concrete, and finalize this during an extra community call. To get things moving we meet this Tuesday the 27th at 6:30 pm in the community hangout here.
Some questions that have come up in the citizen.open science projects I’ve been in contact with:
- How to spread your message, how to reach people, how to get your creation out there?
organisational structures and practicesmodels do we use to make sure contributors are getting the most out of their contributions participation and their contributions have the most impact?
- How do we fund our projects? How do we sustain our project financially?
- What is a good way to influence policy?
- How do we ensure compliance with legal frameworks and patents?
- How do we ensure reliability and safety for users?
- How do you professionalize without compromising values?
- How to work with institutions?
- How to distribute value in a fair way?
To everyone: what are your big questions? Do you see any overlap with others? Please add concrete, simple questions that anyone understands…