Connecting with artists / curators addressing women's reproductive powers

Dear all – as our time together is quickly approaching and will be quite brief, I wanted to connect ahead of time with anyone who is working as an artist or curator with / in / around the topic of women’s reproductive health. I am currently collaborating on a project called How to Perform an Abortion which explores systems for self-managed women’s healthcare. Does anyone’s work align with this project, which examines both “medical” and “herbal” approaches to managing fertility?

I will also be traveling in the UK (Oct. 22 - 25) and the Netherlands (Oct. 25 - 29) so if anyone has any recommendations for people I should reach out to who are doing similar / mission-aligned work, please let me know!

~ Eugenia Manwelyan
School of Apocalypse

4 Likes

prolly @winnieponcelet ? maybe also @mariekebelle knows the art scene in Brussels…possibly also @natalia_skoczylas (remember the guy we met yesterday - he looks like he knows things :))

Hey Eugenia!

you got lucky, one of my best friends is a sex educator, with years of experience in Poland now living in London and working in the same field. I will connect you via email :wink:

hello here !

I’m coming to the meeting so we can find to talk about this topics as I’m one of the ones we start the Gynepunk project I will be happy to find and share with you this and other experiences from plants to hardware hacking!

see you there !

2 Likes

Natalia – That’s amazing! Do you mind sending intro to my personal email account - emanwelyan@gmail.com

Thank you!!

Eugenia Manwelyan
917-710-7496

If you are travelling to the Netherlands it could be maybe nice for you to get in touch with this organisation Contact – Women on Waves
They work on access to safe abortion through multiple ways of empowerment (drones, ship campaigns, etc)
They also realised an interesting documentary few years ago http://vesselthefilm.com

2 Likes

womenonwaves, esential !

@liz_biospherex is going to be presenting about reproductive sovereignty at the festival, will def put you in touch.

@pin - would love to meet with someone involved with Women on Waves and / or Women on Web – they do amazing work – if you have any contacts who could put me in touch, that would be amazing. Till soon!

~ Eugenia Manwelyan
School of Apocalypse