I’ve borrowed from @noemi’s schedule for the the Brussels event, but with a few edits due to the local context. Specific people have been invited, but a broad invite has been issued and it is possible the discussion may happen in a more public forum than in Brussels as we are using the theatre auditorium space for our meeting:
SCHEDULE FOR THE EVENING
19:00 Participants arrival
19:15 Introducing the context (Alex)
Why we are here and what we personally hope to get out of it. Timeline 2019: This event is followed by another in Berlin this week, and preceded by and event in Brussels last week. We will continue the series throughout summer and fall, building on what we discover. We are finishing 2019 with a meeting between cities groups, and performative dinner in Brussels or Berlin where everyone is invited TBC.
Important note about documentation: edgeryders.eu is where we will keep the conversation going. If anyone is not comfortable with sharing something which will go public then please don’t.
- Google doc link ready to go: culture Culture Bedford #1- open notes - Google Docs
- culture Culture Bedford #1- open notes - Google Docs
- Slide for the event : culture Culture slide - Google Präsentationen
On the side:
- Ask a volunteer to take photos
- Ask a volunteer to keep track of time
- Take snapshot interviews with participants (1 question they answer in front of a camera)
- Whiteboard/ Flipchart available where we ask each person to synthesize an answer to: What is the most urgent challenge you are facing regarding spaces to work, or live in community?
19:35 Sharing by everyone: Why are you here? 30 seconds - 1 min, not more.
19:50 Conversation opening: Alex & Q&A - short questions please. The goal is to fire key issues at the room and quickly paint a picture with a lot of information.
20:15 Sharing by everyone: What is most relevant to you from what you heard? What challenge you are facing? What you are working on or wish to work on? Focus on the solutions you see.
20:45 Action points for the near future: What do you need help with? Can you help someone?
21:00 Drinks & conversations