[Draft 2]: Template for Future Makers Challenge Call for contributions- to be translated into local languages

Available in: :gb: English / :ar: Arabic

:gb: English version

##Why me? Because you are different. Because you care.

What is it: A book with case studies and analysis of critical outliers driving change.

This is not a storybook, it is a tool:

• Learn from people you would not meet - but you should. Share your story with them. Empower.

• Show people you care about the kind of work you are doing.

• Make people understand that what you do is part of something bigger - done all over the place. That it works. And how it works.

How is this different? You can write your own story, contribute your own chapter, and interact with our community for richer content and exposure of your efforts.

###DEADLINE: Monday, August 10

How to start?

• Create an account [number of fields necessary]

• Add a post [link to right place]

• For help reach out to @[add your contacts here]

• Examples are here [two very different examples, also one short, one long]

• Share with friends and add #FMCQ

##:ar: Arabic version

[text-direction=rtl]
لماذا أنا؟ لأنك تهتم.

ما هو: كتاب دراسات وثائقية عن مبادرات و تحليل لقيادة التغيير.

هذا الكتاب ليس سرد للقصص، وإنما هو أداة:

• تعلم من الناس التي لن تقابلها - ولكن يجب عليك. تقاسم قصتك معهم. مكن.
  • إعرض على الناس اهتمامك بهذا النوع من العمل الذي تقومون به.
  • أجعل الناس يفهمون أن ما تفعله هو جزء من شيء أكبر -يمكن القيام به في كل مكان. أنه يعمل. وكيف يعمل.

كيف يختلف هذا؟ يمكنك كتابة القصة الخاصة بك، والمساهمة بفصل خاص بك، والتفاعل مع المجتمع من أجل محتوى أكثر ثراء مع عرض جهودكم.

###الموعد النهائي: الاثنين 10 أغسطس

كيف تبدأ؟

• خلق حساب
  • إضافة رد [link to right place]
  • للحصول على المساعدة وصول إلى @Hegazy
  • ومن الأمثلة على ذلك هنا
  • مشاركتها مع الأصدقاء وإضافة #FMCQ

[/text-direction]

draft 2

I added this as Draft 2, so we wont loose the text written by @Nadia previously, as it will come in handy for other pages I think.

1 Like

I’d prefer a different image

Maybe something the combines the book with a network and maybe highlights a red-thread in it. But I won’t insist (and I won’t make it).

We could put some of the characters on the cover perhaps? I like the the style of them, and I like the point they make about different roles - I think that is an important point that is made well. My only beef is that megafauna (like big organizations) are totally overhyped. :wink:

So if I’d have to pick one - I’d want to be the tiny little yellow dot in the middle. Perhaps an ant or so… :slight_smile:

sure

fine with me but dont know where to find new/create new one? Anyone? @Mikhail_Volchak, @nataliegryvnyak, @Driss, @Iriedawta, @Hegazy, @SamarAli?

final version

This should be the final version ready to go, except for links, can someone else take that upon them and put them in? I can do it, but a bit later today.

Only thing left is translating it to your own language. (will have Georgian later today as well)

If you still disagree with the content/length, you really should have changed it/added a comment in the google doc. At one point we just have to say: this is it.

I added an arabic translation to the above text.

1 Like

No idea about the image, sorry @Inge, @trythis do you have any suggestions?

I will upload the Armenian version tonight, finally got Armenian letters!

My last suggestion was

an image of a book (so that you see the stack of pages), then I “zoomed” onto the pages with the “stacktivism image”.

zoom zoom

One could highlight a path or two through the stack and add some points at the edge. Perhaps one could explode one part of the network into another stack. (nested networks).

Then you can communicate: 1. You are here. 2. These are options to get to where you need to be. 3. The nodes are other individuals/groups/milestones/whatevers that you well need/meet on the way to get to point B (or B’)

(4. We try to find the patterns for advancing through this network.)

But I would also think something else (perhaps hand drawn) could work to make this more compelling AND communicate information.

1 Like