Edgeryders is hiring: Growth Hacker/Marketer, Part time over 2 years, 36,000€

About the work

Edgeryders is a company living in symbiosis with an online community of individuals from different walks of life who wish to make a positive difference. Hackers, activists, radical thinkers, doers and just regular folk. We believe that a smart community outperforms any of its members; this is the result of people working together, improving on each other’s work.

We are on a journey to help one another find the right ways to navigate the changes that are happening in different parts of the world.

• How are we building good lives against a backdrop of massive social, economic, political challenges?

• How are we creating opportunities for ourselves and where can we support one another better? In work, health, family, community life.

• How can we build the evolution of the Internet and our digital technologies so that they support these efforts?

To support this work, we are hiring freelance online marketer to collaborate with us on a number of projects for circa two years, starting May 30 2019, on a part-time basis (approx 20% of your time or about 8 hrs/week).

They include a project focused on developing a more human-centric Internet, a project exploring how we can improve wellbeing for all in Europe as well as a festival which takes place both online and offline in a number of cities.

About the role

An important part of our work is reaching out to a diverse range people who have aligned interests, and engage them to get involved in our various activities.

The Growth hacker/marketer will:

• Be responsible for driving (the right kind) of traffic to the stories, calls for participation, event invitations, and other materials published on the edgeryders.eu platform.

• manage our social media presence and ensure that our outward communication activities result in our meeting the set targets for each story or call for participation on our online platform, as well as each Social Media Status update.

• coordinate tightly with the community management team and outreach events coordinators via the Edgeryders online platform and the biweekly team calls.

• Embrace our work culture.

The Team supporting your work

• Content curator
  • Community management team managers
  • Outreach events coordinators

Remuneration

• Total budget for your time to meet the targets we set together is 36,000 Eur
  • Additional budget for copywriting, graphic design, translation in different languages, third party services etc. is 10,000 Eur

Some other stuff you should know:

Our Working Culture/processes

• We communicate asynchronously in writing on our online platform which is stewarded by a team of experienced community managers to ensure that it is welcoming to all, safe, respectful and friendly.
  • We are diverse bunch in terms of gender, ethnicity, geography, lifestyles, education and politics. The online platform is our own home on the internet and day to day working environment.

How to apply:

Our recruitment process is simple. We want to see what you can achieve with a 100 Euro advertising budget and less than 3 hours of work spread over a week’s time.

1. Create an account on edgeryders.eu and introduce yourself in “reply” to this post.
  2. We will give you a url to a post which we ask you to read carefully.
  3. Make sure you understand the target group and what is considered a conversion for that URL.
  4. Create a complete strategy (funnel) pointing to the URL. You have a budget of maximum 50 € for advertising to spend- we will give you access to our social media accounts and pre-charge them with the budget for you
  5. When you are done, leave another comment below with a summary of what you did, the number of visits and % conversion.

Don’t hesitate to ask us any questions you need answered to complete the steps above - we are here to help you do your best. Just post them in a comment below, we usually answer within a day or so.

6 Likes

Hi there! I am Ioana Maria Tomescu, I work in advertising and act like a brand grower. I know my digital comm ways and enjoy experimenting with formats and platforms. Results oriented. Creative solution oriented. Open-minded. In my 30s, living in Romania.

3 Likes

Hi @tom_ioana, I am Noemi, leading community management efforts in one of the projects. Also Romanian, based in Brussels. Thanks for getting in touch! I am going to write to you a private message with the url + next instructions and take it from there,

Wishing you lots of good moods and inspiration, as Edgeryders can surprise you in many good ways <3

3 Likes

Hi @noemi . Is this opportunity opened for people living beyond Europe? I would like to know if I can give it a try :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hei @anu, it is open for non-Europeans. It would be probably more challenging as social media needs to work for Europe time zones but other than that you’re welcome to put yourself forward for the position.

1 Like

Hello, this is Marwa Hassan, from Egypt. I work as a research and content (Communications) intern with an organization called Global People’s Summit. Managed the summit presence on the social platforms. Analyzed the web traffic metrics. Interested in the analysis of the sociolinguistic perception of commercials and data sciences.

3 Likes

Yes please. I will try my best to manage the time :slight_smile: I want to give the opportunity a try

1 Like

Hello there! I’m Filip Simonovski. I’ve been working in the digital advertising sector for almost 10 years. Throughout my career, I’ve worked for large corporations such as Microsoft Europe, Radisson Hotel Group, and a wide range of smaller NGO’s such as AIESEC, IPEC, UNESDA etc.

My speciality when it comes to digital advertising is creating funnels, conversion focused ads and building digital brands. Living in Brussels, Belgium. Can’t wait to create a sample campaign for this project!

2 Likes

Hi @noemi ,

I’m Michael Parenti, aka exiledsurfer, and saw your retweet on twitter, where we have been following each other for a few years. I’ve been following and amplifying edgeryders work since 2012 https://twitter.com/search?q=exiledsurfer%20Edgeryders&amp;src=typed_query&amp;f=live and would love the opportunity to make the relationship “official” :slight_smile:

I am based in Vienna, and the job description is a perfect fit for my skillset and experience. Looking forward to taking a stab at the introductory task.

1 Like

Update: The deadline has been extended to May 30.

1 Like

Hello :slight_smile: I am Ahmed, I have very good background and experience in marketing and Digital marketing and hope to be an added value to Edgeryders

1 Like

Hi guys, I discovered this platform thanks to a friend of mine and I am very excited about the many interesting thinks that I am finding. This is my the first post. I deal with growth hacking for startups in Italy, I live in Ravenna, above all for environmental and social sustainability. Social media ads are not my first skill as I mainly deal with open sorce marketing automation tools, contents curation and funnels. I think this could be an interesting challenge …

4 Likes

hi everyone! Some may know me, some may not ;). I’m interested in trying out for this position @noemi - can you get me a URL to work with?
(this is actually the kind of work I do with codastory.com - I am part time, so I’d love to add work with the amazing edgeryders :wink: )

2 Likes