Felix is happy to be here :)

Wow this is an exiting platform and (I am still figuering out) seemingly a pretty awesome network of pretty awesome people :).

Me I am Felix and I actually have a rather concrete thing that got me so exited about joining here: (see below)

I have the idea to create a model for solidary neighbourhoods (solidary with newcomers, mainly). My idea is that such a model could serve as an orientation and inspiration for people that want to engage + serve as a blueprint for engaged communites and therefore activate many more local initiatives to contibute to a more decent, just, etc, situation for newcomers: decentral activity with a focused on decentral accomodation for people.  Here is a great example of what I feel we need more of: https://refugioberlin.wordpress.com/

Currently this idea is mainly in my head (with quite some more thoughts to it) I will try to attach a pdf that looks nice :slight_smile: and scraches only the surface of the idea. Currently I am very keen to find people that are similarly exited about this idea and might wanna join me or support in some way… And feedback, collaborators, people wanting to help think this out, etc. are very welcome. I somehow have a feeling that if I find some great mates on this that this could grow into something quite big :slight_smile: or first grow into something else and then big ?! :wink:

Let me know if your interested, and I will try to upload more details, soon.

Also I am involved in an agency collective that is still forming itself and one of its projects might be a “collaboration lab”. The agency consist mainly of facilitators, process consultants etc. so mainly people that work with “how people can work together/collaborate.” When I saw edgeryders i thought: “oh wow someone actually broght this on the ground and is executing it”. Probably the ideas are not exactly the same but I see many cool intersections and links! :slight_smile: Don’t know yet what next steps can be here…

About me in general:

I love partneracrobatics (handstands on top of each other and stuff) and I am having the feeling that this year my deeep dedication to contribute to some positive large scale change is going to translate into a lot of action.  :)

• i love to geek out on crazy, potentially impactful ideas ->I see lots of them here, how great!!

I am currently based in Berlin (actually in 2 days I will be after 2,5 years “leave”) and I am finishing my studies at the KaosPilots (a leadership education if you want so(non hierarchical leadship though)) with a focus on projectmanagement, design, social innovation and some other stuff… like process consultation and facilitation)

Happy to be here and exited to meet you :slight_smile:

PS: @Paul_Free thx for introducing me :slight_smile:

1 Like

We are happy too!

Welcome, @Felix !

We indeed seem to have many things in common. If you want to work with refugees, you will find several people in Edgeryders who already do. There is a strong group in Greece ( @OrangeHouse and @Aravella_Salonikidou – example ); one in Belgium, with @ybe (her Trauma tour is currently in Greece, actually) and @Alkasem and @Yara_Al_Adib ; there is @Alex_Levene in UK/France (he volunteered with The Jungle before it was bulldozed by the French government) in Berlin there are people like @Pauline and @Tomma (example).

All of these stories come from the conversation around a project called opencare. You can be part of it, if you want: just go here (or click on the “Tell your story” icon on the blue horizontal bar at the top of the page) and share a story of “care by communities”. Ideally that would be your own story; but, since your initiative is still in your head, you could also tell us about some story that inspires you. Sharehaus Refugio seems a great experience, superficially it look similar to the Orange House in Athens: if you know it maybe you could tell us about it, or interview one of the founders.

This would be a very real contribution, and a great way to start working together. We would be happy to help you refine your idea, and you would learn a lot simply by interacting with all these great initiatives… what do you say?

Thx! + Design research?

Wow I was so amazed by the quick and warm and helfpul replies that I did not answer for 2 weeks :slight_smile: :).

Thx so much!

The „tell your story“-thing definitely sounds cool!! I am also thinking to develop my idea further with a design research process similar to this one here…

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7326667/CreativeResearchCookBook2015_optimized.pdf

Maybe my results of that could be similarly helpful? Or there are even people around here, who would want to join me in this process? (Process: Design Research on the question: “How might we create many pioneering local communal solutions to the current refugee situation?” I still feel a bit weird about the word „solution“ in there but this question is more or less the direction I wanna head.

best,

Felix

Welcome from me too!

Hi Felix, Noemi here also ready to provide more references and give your energetic call a shoutout to our opencare network. Thanks for the reference to refugioberlin, seems great.

I am coming to town later this month and would be great to meet up too. Will be in touch!

Thx + meet up in Berlin

Thankyou again for the quick and great answer! And sorry for a late reply (See above :P)

I have a feeling that my currently biggest need is to find some allies in Berlin who might wanna join me in diggin deeper into this work/my project idea.

Even though I am in love with the idea of edgeryders (or what I understand so far) I wonder how good I am working even more digitally on my projects…

Are you in Berlin already? Lets definately meet!! ((There is a nice cafe that is part of the refugio!!)

:slight_smile: Felix

Messaged you!

Looking forward to meet up.