Future Makers Global Call #3: Building the Case Studies Adventures

Last year Edgeryders and the United Nations Development Program started collaborating around a new project in three countries: we called it Spot the Future. It engaged over a 130 participants in Georgia, Armenia and Egypt in a massive, peer to peer conversation online (on the Edgeryders platform) and offline (in various workshops and a  final conference, Futurespotters). It succeeded in bringing together people doing groundbreaking work at the edges together in discussion, and contributed to a major strategic change happening at the United Nations.

In Future Makes our primary focus is to build concrete ways for innovators and activists to support one another’s work, peer to peer. We want to hear from you: what do you do to change your community for the better and what obstacles do you face? We want to know to figure out how communities such as Edgeryders, or larger organizations such as UNDP, could support your work in a sustainable way and how can we learn and teach each other by sharing our stories online.

Can we build a sustainable model of networked collaboration, where the coordination costs for everyone are minimized? We think so and invite you to be part of designing and using it starting with producing a campaign to crowdsource a book for and by time-hungry activists and innovators. To learn more about the initiative and see how you can be part of it, join our weekly community call, every Saturday at 10:00 CEST on skype.

Joining is easy:  Just add edgeryders to your list of contacts, show up at 10:00 CEST and write a message in the chat so we know you want to join. We will add you to the call when it starts.

See you soon!

Date: 2015-06-13 08:00:00 - 2015-06-13 08:00:00, Europe/Brussels Time.

1 Like

Our first supporter!

While on the train to Berlin yesterday, somehow a fun and creative conversation started amongst some of us passengers. The guy sitting next to me saw my notes about the this futurmakers book project on my laptop and was very curious to know what we are up to. I described what we are doing, and how, and he really liked it. Turns out he’s an engineer from Minsk running a tech company in Berlin and interested in alot of the same things. So he wanted to offer some support :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sweet! He gave you 200 000 Roubles(it says in red “Take your money”)!

We are reach now @Nadia laugh

Talk tomorrow xx

1 Like

Have a look at the interview framework

It’s been updated after helpful input from Matthias and Inge: https://edgeryders.eu/en/future-makers-global/interview-framework-for-case-studies-adventures

Don’t comment here!

DO comment there: https://edgeryders.eu/en/future-makers-case-studies-adventures/draft-new-book-on-networked

1 Like

Crowd funding

Would the crowd funding campiagn be for the book only or for the case studies?

How would we as Edgeryders select the most appropriate case studies for the crowd funding if the it’s for the case studies?

Can you repost where the link above points to?

That way we can concentrate the discussion at one place and it is less likely that something is overlooked. Thanks :slight_smile: