Get-to-know-each-other workshop on 12 June: invitation

We are taking the next step!

After two public presentations, around 15 people have signed up for the get-to-know-each-other workshop on Sunday 12 June.

Invitations with some private information were sent out by email. If you registered just recently, it may take 24 hours before you receive the email.

If you have not been invited, but you believe you should have, contact us here or by email (cohousing@thereef.brussels).

This post

This post brings together some further details and will be updated in function of the replies that we get.

Indicative agenda

The indicative agenda strives to bring a logical flow between the different activities, trying to alternate playful and more quite activities and also leaving enough space for spontaneous interaction. We use the word “indicative” because we prefer to go with the flow and adjust the timing of the different activities in function of how it goes.

Things to bring

• A printed copy of your personal presentation fiche (see further details in the email). Feel free to be creative!
  • 5-10 euro to contribute to the costs of the food and the drinks (we would like the workshop to be cost-neutral).
  • A device to keep the time when we split up in smaller groups.

Optional things you may want to bring

• Sun / rain protection.
  • A pillow to sit on (e.g. if we go to the park).
  • A reusable cup, glass, mug, … (in function of what you would like to drink and only if it’s not too much trouble) => we have some cups and glasses, but not enough for everybody.
  • Something to mark your cup or glass (clothespin or something).
  • Things you would want to use in the quiet room (see below).

Quiet room

• We will convert the bedroom into the Quiet Room for people who need a little break. You are welcome to use the bed, the yoga mat and the meditation pillow.
  • The room is not quite soundproof though, so please bring whatever you need to get comfortable (headphones, book, …).

We need some help with the logistics

• We need to move some stuff (beamer, beers and possibly some chairs) from Forest (near Wiels) to the venue in Uccle. If you can help us with this we’d be very grateful.
  • We may need some extra chairs, so if you are able to bring some without too much trouble, please let us know.
  • For the World CafĂ© we need 3 poster-size piece of paper + 3 same-sized pieces of cardboard. If you would have these, please let us know!

We need some help on the day

• Chairs: Before the workshop starts we need 2-3 people to help us with putting felt patches on the legs of the chairs (to protect the wooden floor). This should take no longer than 15 minutes.
  • Photographer: We are looking for a volunteer photographer (among the participants) who would be willing to discretely take some photos during the day to catch the vibe of the event.
  • A time-keeper: We would need one person to write on the board the time we are reconvening in the circle and also to go around with the tingsha bells to remind people we are going to get started.
  • Drinks and snacks: We would need 2-3 volunteers who could take care of the coffee, tea, sparkling water and snacks. The task would be to make the drinks and to make sure that new packages are only opened one at the time.
  • Lunch: 2-3 people who could help out with serving the lunch (make-your-own-sandwich) and the dishes.
  • Cleaning up: After the event we would need 2-3 people who could give us a hand with putting the furniture back in place and doing the dishes. This should take no longer than 15-20 minutes.

=> If you would like to take on one of these tasks, please let us know and we’ll put your name on the list. TIA!

1 Like

I volunteer for this.

I am wondering: would it make sense for @manuelpueyo or myself to set up a laptop in a corner, and create NextCloud users for people who are willing to do some more work together? After all, even for trying out The Reef as a group we need a minimal shared IT infrastructure.

I will bring my laptop anyway.

For the workshop for me that would be a bit distracting. Time is short, and I would prefer to spend it on getting to know each other.

In the folder of the workshop you can find the Powerpoint that I would like to present. It includes one slide with instructions on how to get access to Edgeryders and Nextcloud. In addition I am working on the agenda for the plenary meeting on 20 June, which I think should focus entirely on how we can get organised and start doing some work.

Manuel has also offered to organise a training, and I think that makes a lot of sense.

1 Like

Fair enough. A task for Team IT.

this is the menu we thought of: it’s more like sauces to dip with bread.

• pesto ruccola
  • hummus beetroot
  • raita: yoghurt sauce
  • cucumber + mint
  • bread
  • cauliflower with black olives and capres
  • apple juice

we can bring all to @lee home on saturday evening. let me know if ok. or feel free to suggest other things to the shopping list. :slight_smile:

Hi @manuelpueyo,

That looks great. Thanks a lot!

Some things I would add to the list:

• Cheese, lettuce and tomato => cheap and easy and some people might not be keen on sharing saliva with all the dipping
  • Maybe something extra for the vegans? (unless you make the pesto without cheese?)
  • A couple of packs of coffee (I don’t have enough - tea I’ve got plenty)
  • Milk
  • Plant-based milk for the vegans
  • Fruits and snacks

We are not available / home on Saturday though. Are you available on Friday? Or alternatively can you pick up the key at @alberto’s?

Hello all,
It’s Matteo.
Not sure if I am supposed to write here too.
I’ll try to keep it short:

• TASKS PHOTOS
    I am not a photographer nor I have a professional camera but I can take some pictures of the event with a decent phone camera I have.
  • FOOD
    I can bake a sourdough focaccia if you like. It will be vegan and biological (not gluten free).
  • POSTER
    I have a roll of recycled paper 1 meter wide. We can cut as many posters as we want out of it.

Just give me a confirmation or not in advance, so I can organize myself.
Depending on the rest of the group, I can potentially help with something else if needed.

Looking forward to meet you.

3 Likes

Alexandre and I would be happy to help with this and also with the cleaning up, if necessary.

1 Like

ok, thank you . it’s written down :slight_smile:,

thank you Matteo, sounds great to me :slight_smile:

ok. I guess i will bring it on sunday morning before the event. no worries,

1 Like

I can help with making drinks and take care of the management of hem
I also can help with the cleaning up.
If necessary I can bring some folding chairs from my work so only on Friday evening when I come to Brussels by car
Emmanuelle

2 Likes

Great. Sounds like a plan. We will be available starting from 9:15.

Hi Matteo,

If it’s not too much trouble, that would be wonderful. No need to bring the entire roll if that’s too difficult. Just 3 pieces of about a meter for the World Café (maybe with some reserve) would be sufficient. Thanks a lot in advance!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot @EmmanuelleVM! We have now also solved the problem of cups and glasses and the transport from Forest to Uccle, so yay!

Thanks a lot @Sophie_Beese! There will be a list in the hallway where people who want to help can sign up, so feel free to fill in your names.

Hello @EmmanuelleVM, I will call you to coordinate tomorrow (Friday). That said… be mindful that this a public forum, it is maintained quite well, so it’s unlikely we’ll get any trolls, but your phone number can be scraped by any crawler. Are you sure you want to have it there? If not, click on the pencil icon below your post to edit it away.

thanks for the tip! i found the ereaser :wink:

1 Like

Hi Matteo,

Apologies for the late reply. If still possible, we’d like to take you up on your offer.

Should I forget during the day, can you please remind me that we should ask for people’s consent? TIA!

1 Like