Green Cover

This Sunday at 7 pm (on the corner of Vazha Pshavela and Pekini in Saburtalo) Pedestrian Rights organization Iare Pekhit will reveal the first winning public art project of Uare Kalaks - a contest to draw attention to pedestrian rights issues. Hope to see many of you there!

“I gave conditional meaning to the given space, this is an attempt to protect public space from political, social and investment harm.” – Andro Eradze

“Iare Pekhit” presents Public Art Project “Green Cover”. This the winning project of contest “Uare Qalaqs” (Care for the City). The residents and guests of Tbilisi will have a chance to attend the project opening event, experience the transformed urban space and the vision of the new generation artists. 

A mutual action with პარტიზანული მებაღეობა თბილისში Guerrilla gardening Tbilisi will take place at the project opening.

==

“არსებულ სივრცეს მივეცი პირობითი მნიშვნელობა. ეს არის მცდელობა დავიცვათ საჯარო სივრცე ყველანაირი პოლიტიკური თუ სოციალური მოვლენებისაგან, დაზიანებისაგან, ინვესტორებისაგან.” - ანდრო ერაძე

“იარე ფეხით” წარმოგიდგენთ საჯარო ხელოვნების პროექტს “მწვანე საფარი”. ეს არის კონკურსი “უარე ქალაქს” გამარჯვებული არტისტის ანდრო ერაძის ნამუშევარი. თბილისის მოსახლეობას და ქალაქის სტუმრებს საშუალება ექნებათ შეაფასონ გარდაქმნილი ურბანული გარემო და ახალი თაობის არტისტის ხედვა. 

“მწვანე აქცია” პარტიზან მებაღეებთან ერთად.

Date: 2015-05-07 15:00:00 - 2015-05-07 15:00:00, Asia/Tbilisi Time.

2 Likes

Very cool!

Great work, @Inge and all Georgian edgeryders! Inge, how’s life? I hear of nice changes… smiley

thnx :))

Most credits for this goes to @Elene_Margvelashvili and @ellenem tho (and most to the amazing Nato, who is not on edgeryders, but who curated and organized the art contest).

We’re also setting up a membership-based association, including our own online forum (mostly in Georgian). The website should be up soon. So any advice from your side would be appreciated :)) I’ll keep you up updated! Will also post some pics of the art contest this month.

(and yes, I am currently 41 weeks pregnant, waiting or this lazy baby to come out of my belly!)