GTF Berlin 06 - Anna [EN]

Yeah. Okay. So I’m Joe and I’m working on research in circular economy and automotive sector, and I would like to know your point of view. If you accept, I’m going to record our conversation, transcribe it, and put the transcription with a pseudonym, not with your real name in a repository of text documents that will be used for the research. If you do this and you change your mind later and no longer want to participate, get in touch with us and we will immediately remove your interview from the repository. I’m leaving you an information sheet with contact information. Please tell me your first name and if you agree.

I agree. And I’m Anna.

Thank you, Anna. So the first question, can you define a circular economy in your own words?

A circular economy. I think it’s when you like have to buy something or you buy something and it you also sell it again and maybe it runs in a circle. I don’t know anything more specific.

And do you participate in a circular economy yourself in any aspect of your life?

Not that I’m aware of, but probably, yeah.

How did you become interested in circular economy ideas and practices?

I wasn’t aware I’m interested in it, but I think everyone should learn every day and learn more things. So it’s a nice interview right now.

In your opinion, can a circular economy be implemented in individual sectors or industries? In separate sectors.

Yes, for sure. Like, I think it would be helpful for all of us if economy would be more in circles and not like just in one direction, one direction the whole time.

Do you think the circular economy already exists in the car industry?

Um, maybe in like, car sharing services, but I’m not sure.

Do you currently own a car?

No, I don’t.

Did you have a car before?

No, I don’t have my license, so. Okay.

So not sharing, No car. Okay, then. In your opinion, are cars that include electronic components, many electronic, are they easier or harder to adapt to a circular economy practices principles than a regular car?

I think it’s more difficult because the like battery has to be changed more often. And yeah, I think non electric cars would be easier for that.

What can the automotive industry do to promote circular economy in your opinion?

I think more brands of cars should like they should invent own their own opportunities to practice circular economy. And yeah, every it should be on the priority list of a lot of automotive. Yeah. Car services.