GTF Berlin 11 - Endre [EN]

So I’m Jos and I’m working on research in circular economy and automotive sector. And I would like to know your point of view. If you accept, I’m going to record our conversation to transcribe it and put the transcription with a pseudonym, not with your real name in a repository of text documents that will be used for the research. If we do this and you change your mind later and no longer want to participate, get in touch with us and we will immediately remove your interview from the repository. I’m leaving you an information sheet with contact informations. If you agree, then please tell your first name and that you agree.

Yeah. My first name is Endre and I agree firstly.

thank you very much. So the first question can you define a circular economy in your own words?

The circular? What can you repeat?

Circular economy Kreislaufwirtschaft.

Okay. Okay. So you want that I describe it. I want so firstly, I would describe it that we have to use all. The materials in a nice way. So. How do you say that in English? The proper way? Yeah, in a proper way. And also that it makes sense. And that is the reason that I didn’t see it now. Yeah, we, we, we started with a new, um, maybe electricity for the cars without fundated data. That is my problem and I can’t see it in Germany. Maybe we go out of the atomic energy and use coal for that. So this is not a this is not with the. It makes no sense. In my opinion. Yeah. So the data. Otherwise it’s a really, really, really really how do you say that in English? Difficult questions to answer because it sounds so easy, but it’s not easy. So economy and with a good with a good way to make it sense to use all the materials and all the stuff stuff. Yeah this this would be the Kreislaufwirtschaft (circular economy).

And do you participate in a circular economy yourself in any aspect of your life?

No. I didn’t know it because I’m a normal, uh, EU burger (citizen). No burger (citizen). Uh, my first, my first way is that I have to see that I can own my that I can make business for my to live as I. Want, but I didn’t. I’m a generation that didn’t. Thinking about how we should do everything better. So for me, is the income more important than thinking about theoretical things? Yeah. Okay. So this is my.

In your opinion, can a circular economy Kreislaufwirtschaft be implemented in individual sectors or industries.

Yeah, I think we can do it. We can use water more efficiently. We can. We can, uh, can think about driving. Is it necessary or not. Or we can use maybe thinking that what kind should I use a car or should I use my motorcycle, maybe my bicycle. So this is also. A part of a Kreislaufwirtschaft Yeah. Yeah.

Do you think that circular economy already exists in the car industry? Uh.

I think no, because car industry is also a big industry. The first opinion is to make money and sometimes they show me a lot of things that everybody say, Oh, maybe Audi is a very good. Yeah. And Audi is very good to recycle everything, but nobody controlled it and nobody know it very well. Is it is that as they say or not. Yeah. Is it. Yeah. So nobody they saw they show us maybe like we take use a little cup. Yeah. On a cup I see symbols. It’s a recyclable. How do, how should they recycle it. How would they do it. I don’t know it. And you can’t see it in the press. You can’t see it in a in a from the on a website. And the reality I have not the possibility. I have no the time. Okay. But I can say it so I don’t believe that.

Do you currently own a car?

Yes.

Which kind of car?

Uh, it’s a Mercedes.

New or old?

It’s a middle class. It’s 2030. Okay. Relatively, Yeah, it’s. Yeah, it’s in the middle. So, yes, I use it, and it’s a diesel. Okay. And it’s. Yes, I like it because I think it’s saving fuel. How do you say that in English. So, yeah, it’s save fuel for long distance and it makes sense for me. And I’m working also as a freelancer. So it’s for me very important to go fast from one point to the other, to go also long distances. And I had not the possibility if I would use an electric car for that. So it makes no sense for me.

What is the first thought if you when you hear car electronics or electronics in a car, what is your first thought? What are you thinking about that.

I am thinking only electronics. You mean the the GPS? And it takes a lot of it takes a lot of energy. It takes a lot of battery. It takes a lot of materials. And the battery is not so economically or how do you say that? Economical. And it’s also not green. So this is the first thinking. So they switch from one point to the other. And I think this is not the end because we had also or we have, I believe in that other possibilities to be green, but not with electricity. So we can use also fuels, maybe other kind of fuels. And it would be more sense.