GTF Berlin 14 - Gina [EN]

Only your name, but it will be not will be anonymized. Yeah. I’m just doing administrative stuff and then I’m starting with the questions. So my name is Jos and I’m working on research in circular economy and automotive sector, and I would like to know your point of view. If you accept, I’m going to record our conversation, transcribe it and put the transcription with a pseudonym. That means not your real name in a repository of text documents that will be used for the research. If we do this and you change your mind and no longer want to participate, get in touch with us and we will immediately remove your interview from the repository. I’m leaving you an information sheet with contact information. If you are agree, then say your name and that you are okay with that.

Yeah. Agree. Gina Holovska.

Gina okay. Gina. So the first question, can you define a circular economy in your own words?

Um, I would say that it’s because it’s like a circle. So like what we use comes back again to you. So we just keep on reusing the material so it doesn’t go to waste and like we’re repurposing the material. That’s what I would say, yeah.

How did you become interested in the circular economy, ideas and practices?

I think now in general there is like a lot of visibility on sustainability and like the issues with the environment and stuff like that, how it wasn’t really in the past. So it’s now like a lot of like present in our lives, I think in general, and I have already worked on some events where these topics were already discussed and I’m also interested in, you know, being more sustainable and environment friendly. So yeah.

Okay. In your opinion, can a circular economy be implemented in individual sectors or industries?

Yeah, why not? There just needs to be the interest and willingness to to do it. Yeah.

Uh, do you think the circular economy already exists, for example, in the car industry?

This? I don’t know. I mean, I would assume so because now. Right. Like people want to repurpose the materials also. Like especially, I would assume that also the car industry would want to also be labeled as more sustainable. Right. You know, with the electronic cars and stuff like that. But I have no idea if that is already applied. I don’t know. I’m not really expert in this field. I don’t even drive a car, so I don’t know. Okay.

Um, do you currently own a car or did you own a car?

I did in the past, but now. No, there is no need. I think for me, for my life now. At the moment.
What was that? The kind of car? Oh, like a brand.

Yeah. For example.

Yeah, I think Nissan. I don’t remember. It was really long time ago. Yeah. Okay.

Um, when is the one adjective that comes to mind when you think about car electronics?

Oh, um, I don’t know. I would just say like, well, electronic cars or maybe self-driving cars.

Tesla and. I don’t know.

In your opinion, are cars that include electronic components easier or harder to adapt to circular economy principles than regular cars?

I really don’t know about. As I mentioned before in your previous question, I don’t know how circular economy can be implemented in the car industry. I really don’t know. But I don’t know. Like if the I don’t know. I think there was an issue with this lithium batteries or something like that. I don’t know if they can be implemented this. I really don’t have information about it. But maybe a good point to find out about it. Yeah.

What can the automotive industry do, in your opinion, to promote circular economy? Do you believe the automotive industry is already doing these things? Like we mentioned before.