GTF Berlin 16 - Isabel [EN]

So I’m Jos and I’m working on research in circular economy and automotive sector. And I would like to know your point of view. If you accept, I’m going to record our conversation, transcribe it and put the transcription with a pseudonym, not with your real name in a repository of text documents that will be used for the research. If you do this and you change your mind later and no longer want to participate, get in touch with us and we will immediately remove your interview from the repository. I’m leaving you information sheet with contact information. If you agree, then please tell your name and that you agree.

I agree. I don’t want to give my name.

Just it’s just for the guest. For it’s just for administration, not for the interview.

Isabel Castro. Castro Yeah.

Okay. Isabel Yeah, that’s right. Okay, then first question. Can you define a circular economy in your own words?

Uh, no, I don’t. I don’t know it.

You never heard about circular economy? It’s economy based on sharing, reusing, repairing and recycling materials, existing products. Uh, do you participate in a circular economy yourself in any aspect of your life?

I try to buy sometimes clothes in second hand, and I put my food that it’s that stay to share those kind of things I do. And I try to take my friends home so that they don’t come with her own car. Yeah, I think I did it very small.

How did you become interested in the circular economy, ideas and practices?

I think I always I always think about it because it’s important for the Umwelt (Environment) and I have a child and I want to give him a green world.

Uh, in your opinion, can a circular economy be implemented in individual sectors or industries?

In industries?

It’s normally very difficult. Normally they, they cost a lot of they have a high cost for the society, but we need the things. So we have to find the, the middle.

Um, do you think the circular economy already exists in the car industry.

No, it’s impossible. (Why?) Because. Because it’s a the, the principle of a car is made of metal and metal from the earth to to, to became. It’s shown a problem in most of the countries.

Uh, do you currently own a car or did you own a car?

I own a car and I need it. Uh huh.

Which kind of car?

A small one. It’s a it’s enough. A petrol car.

Then what is the first you think about when you hear a car electronics or electronics in the car?