GTF Berlin 24 - Marvin [EN]

Okay, So I’m Jos and I’m working on research in circular economy and automotive sector, and I would like to know your point of view. If you accept, I’m going to record our conversation, transcribe it and put the transcription with the pseudonym, not with your real name in a repository of text documents that will be used for the research. If we do this and you change your mind and no longer want to participate, get in touch with us and we will immediately remove your interview from the repository and leaving you an information sheet with the contact information. So if you agree, please tell me your first name and that you agree.

Yes, Marvin and I agree.

Yeah. Thank you, Marvin. So the first question, can you define a circular economy in your own words?

My own word? I think it’s. It should be really like, open minded community that everyone can bring in new ideas and, like, not strict with like the the old way to go. So for me it’s like really open. Yeah. Community, I think.

Uh, do you participate in a circular economy yourself in any aspect of your life?

I mean, like, yeah, today it’s kind of like this community, but yeah, not, not like really proactive but like kind of I just type in different communities and know them, but like in, yeah, different events where I’m join myself but like not really proactive. Yeah.

Um, how did you become interested in circular economy ideas and practices?

I mean, like you see it all in social media everywhere, like LinkedIn and sing and stuff like that. And yeah, you have a lot of touch points with this kind of themes and topics. So yeah, I think everyone get in touch with it and then you need to decide if you like. Yeah, get deeper in it or not. Yeah.

In your opinion, can a circular economy be implemented in individual sectors or industries?

Yeah, I think I’m not like, yeah, really sure. But yeah, I think, I think like every like sector can find a way how to implement it and the own, the own way. But yeah, I think they need some communities whereas it’s like not like the best fit in the beginning. They need some kind of consulting opportunities to learn how a way, how to like implement it pretty.

Well, yeah. Do you think the circular economy already exists in the car industry?

Yeah, yeah, definitely. I think, yeah, I’m not really into the mobility industry, so more in the software development things. So yeah, I’m not really sure. I think I can’t say something about that. I’m really confident. So yeah, I’m not sure.

So yeah. Do you currently own a car?

Yes.

Which kind of car is it?

It’s so more kind of. Yeah. It’s kind of a community car from with friends. So it’s. Yeah, it’s. It’s with a burning motor. So it’s not a e-car at the moment because it’s. Yeah. It’s running. So I mean it’s, I know e-cars are like really sustainable but if you can drive like car. Until it’s really dead. So I think this is kind of a sustainable aspect as well. So yeah. And of course, the money is a big thing as well. Yeah.

Uh, when is the one the adjective or what is the first thought that comes to mind when you think about electronics in a car?

Um. The first mean is like. I mean, we need to think it until the really end because I think the politics maybe there are like some troubles with like loading stations and stuff like that. And yeah, so I think we need to get more detailed in the concept how we like transformation, transformate, everything. So yeah.

In your opinion, are cars that include electronic components easier or harder to adapt to circular economy principles than regular cars?

Um, yeah. Like, like I said, I think if it makes sense to implement electronic motors in, like, burning cars, like, if it’s fitting, like, we should do that because produce a new car could be like, more CO2 emissions than just. Yeah. Change a motor. So. So, yeah, I think it’s both ways. Yeah.