GTF Berlin 35 - Yaron [EN]

I’m Jos and I’m working on research in circular economy and automotive sector. And I would like to know your point of view. If you accept, I’m going to record our conversation, transcribe it and put the transcription with a pseudonym, not with your real name in a repository of text documents that will be used for the research. If we do this and you change your mind later and no longer want to participate, get in touch with us and we will immediately remove your interview from the repository. I’m leaving you an information sheet with contact information. If you agree, then tell me, please your first name and then that you agree.

I do agree. My name is Yaron.

Can you define a circular economy in your own words?

It’s about products that are taken from resources and at the end of life are being are going back to the same resources as.

Do you participate in a circular economy yourself in any aspect of your life?

Well, first of all, I’m very, um, how do you say, how should I say sensitive about the issue? So I’m trying if I would have the opportunity choosing products, a regular one, a standard one, and a circular one, I would rather always choose the circular one. And yes, in my daily life I’m trying to recycle as much. And uh, but I don’t work for a classic Cradle Cradle company.

how did you become interested in the circular economy, ideas and practices?

To be honest, I’m working in the field of sustainability for quite a few years, so this is I think you automatically get into it.

In your opinion, can circular economy be implemented in individual individual sectors or industries?

Well, if I wouldn’t believe so, I wouldn’t work in that field, probably. Yes, absolutely. Will be possible to do it in every field, Surely not. But I think there are loads of opportunities and I mean there’s great cradle cradle principle already for certain industries. So yeah, I do believe in that.

Uh, Yaron, do you think the circular economy already exists in the car industry?

Well, certainly not on a mass scale. Um, probably not really.

What should they do to participate in circular economy?

Well, first of all, the whole industry must invest loads in research. I mean, there’s I there are many companies are already using materials that are better recyclable, but they probably need to invest much more in the battery thing, but also so, not only the production field, but also in the recycling field. I think that as far as I understand today, car, the car industry doesn’t really think about the end of life, so they probably should invest in the end of life. Um, opportunities.

Uh, do you currently own a car or did you own a car?

I did in the past, but I haven’t owned a car for the past around ten years.

Uh, what is the first what what about you think, uh, when you think about car electronics or electronics in the car.

What I think about it.

What is the first meaning?

Yeah, I don’t know. Innovation. Innovation? Yeah, I don’t know. Yeah.