GTF Berlin 35 - Yaron [EN]

Uh, in your opinion, are cars that include electronic components easier or harder to adapt to circular economy principles than regular old school cars?

Well, the electronics probably the same. If you talk about EVs, then it’s probably tougher. But yeah, if it’s about electronic vehicles, then it’s probably tougher. The batteries are quite tough to recycle.

And the electronics in the normal cars have more and more electronics.

I mean, there it’s probably tough to recycle them, but the electronics in itself have a high value. So I suppose it’s it’s maybe a good deal.

Uh, what can the automotive industry do to promote the circular economy? What do you believe they can do?

Invest, invest, invest.

In what?

Uh, first of all, they have to invest in the real circular economy. They have to. I think they must. Just offer these options to consumers and also aggressively meaning also investing in marketing and showing the benefits of it. And I certainly hope that then consumers will also pay the premium.

Are you sharing a car or you don’t use any car?

No, I use cars. I use car sharing quite a lot and I rent a car upon need. I just don’t want to own a car.

Do you have concerns about privacy and personal data stored in the car electronics you are sharing, for example, GPS or.

Not so much that.

Why?

Because I’m in this sense I’m not very German. I know the Germans are very afraid of sharing data. There is no highly sensitive ones on my thing. And at the end I’m just someone sees where I’m driving to. Okay, I’m okay with that.

Does recycling and reusing mean different things to you?

Absolutely.

What?

Well, reusing is always good, but recycling is after the reusable after you cannot use it anymore. So it’s you need both. They build upon each other.

On a scale of 1 to 5, one means not at all concerned and five means extremely concerned. How concerned are you about issues of environmental waste and pollution?

Four Because it’s it’s one of the most pressing problems of our times. And I have children, and I am concerned about how we leave the world to them.