Hosting unMonastery online Services

thanks!

much appreciated @Matthias! I guess @gandhiano should send you an invoice and I should already setup http://bus.matera.io on VM from ecobytes sometimes this week :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh and … invoice by e-mail please

@gandhiano, you need to send us the EcoBytes invoice by e-mail (to the address I registered with is fine, I’ll take care of it then). You very probably send all invoices by e-mail anyway, I just want to make sure the rest of becoming an EcoBytes member goes all smooth. (Because, the Edgeryders invoice address that I gave is not monitored for snail mail.)

bitcoins

i also asked for donating bitcoins to ecobytes on twitter: https://twitter.com/elfpavlik/status/550406938128056320

@Mike_Gogulski @david.bovill

my take on bitcoin stated in this video still holds!

Ecobytes membership form

Would you be so nice to fill it in when you have some time?

https://co-munity.net/ecobytes/membership-form

No hurry,you can wait for your formal ok :slight_smile:

org memberships

Do you have mechanism which allows Edgeryders subscribing for two memberships as organization and then assigning each of those membership to particular individual?

I would also like that ER memberships stay fully transparent, does Ecobytes have page with list of official memberships?

liquid administration

As I understand the organizational patterns used in Ecobytes, it is completely adaptable to any possible case. So we can just practition the way you propose.

As for the Website, I don’t understand Ecobytes’ drupal well enough to create new content, like a “happy users” page. Please ask @gandhiano about it.

1 Like

We don’t really have a mechanism for double membership, but rather ask for voluntary donation if you think your organisation services are more expensive (own value estimation) or the organisation has some budget that can be given to IT. We might need/want to put things like quotas in the future and add some pay-for-usage, but as long as we don’t need it, we can keep informal. It has kind of worked for 8 years now :wink:

You can of course also make two private members as members, but for me this would only make sense if Edgeryders is not a formal organisation with own accounting (which I think it is?).

List of official memberships we still don’t have. I’ve been planning to get a proper members area running on ecobytes | Ecobytes, but am constantly delaying this task. If someone wants to work with me on thinking this area - allowing for the community members to get support from us and each other, as well as progressively providing a control panel (and payment) for different services, overview of the Ecobytes community financial situation, etc. - please say :slight_smile: This is an important one to move forward with the development of the community-based “business” model.

custom agreement

@gandhiano @Matthias maybe for now let’s just make custom agreement as you stated above:

“Edgeryders LbG getting two Ecobytes memberships as an organization, which we will then assign to Elf and Kei, who would then participate in the Ecobytes decision making process etc… Organization membership would mean that assignments can be changed if there is a need.”

As I understand Edgeryders LbG will transfer  Ecobytes e.V. 120 euro for 2 x 1 year membership (as requested here)

http://co-munity.net/ecobytes/donate

Then we work together as a collective not as mere customer & provider :slight_smile: 

Thanks

Mine is here https://co-munity.net/user/6015.

And big thanks to all involved in this discussion! Looking forward to getting unMonastery hosting sorted, and please let me know how I can contribute to Ecobytes in the coming months!

1 Like

Hi @Kei,

Hi @kei,

Great to have you with Ecobytes! However, I want to ask you to fill in the “official” membership form as well - just helping to get the paperwork clear, since registering in co-munity is unrelated to becoming a member of Ecobytes :slight_smile: You find it at Ecobytes membership registration form | Ecobytes

As for contribution, every help and co-work is useful, especially at this phase where we are (re)building the whole technical infrastructure, but also the whole “business” model. I am also planning and preparing a kind of members area on Ecobytes co-munity space, for mutual support between collectives, helpdesk, etc.

So if you have time and will, you (and the invitation extends to anyone interested) could join our team at a scrum sprint planning meeting (which we hold every 4-6 weeks, next one Monday 21:30-0:30 CET). You can always also find us at #ecobytes on irc.indymedia.org for punctual cooperation, or just for convivialy hang around :wink:

Hello!

Hi @gandhiano,

Apologies for the late response - had a few busy weeks! I filled out the membership form, let me know if there’s anything else I can do to make it official! I’ll be sure to drop by on the IRC soon, looking forward to the members area. Thanks again.

1 Like

Membership(s)

Hey @elf_Pavlik! Thanks for pursuing this discussion. I’m a member over at https://degrowth.co-munity.net, but I think an Ecobytes organizational membership for unMonastery/ ER with an agreed upon donation method could work well!

1 Like

@Matthias and all others, thank you - I got notified of several incoming memberships. I’m not sure if I manage to go on with the invoices this week

Today at 10 PM (CET) we have sprint planning meeting for the Ecobytes infrastructure development. If anyone wants to join the next sprint it could be useful to plan your migration and explore potential synergy points between the different collectives.

Independently of it, it seems that @elf_Pavlik is ready to setup the first VM this week. If this depends on any action from our current team, please make sure to communicate until then, so that it can be properly addressed.

It’s great to see all these collectives federating and joining resources and efforts :slight_smile: Looking forward for our joint processes.

1 Like