IARC 2023 Transcripts - 02 AND & AGN

So my name is Jos and I’m working on research in circular economy and automotive sector, and I would like to know your point of view If if you accept, I’m going to record our conversation, transcribe it and put the transcription with a pseudonym, not your real name, in a repository of text documents that will be used for the research. If you do this and you change your mind and no longer want to participate, get in touch with us and we will immediately remove your interview from the repository. I’m leaving you an information sheet with the contact informations. So as first please tell me if you agree and your first name.

I agree. I am Andreas Sanwali. I am a key account manager of SGI Magnetics Spa.

My name is Agnon Berisha. I’m from Germany. I’m the sales manager for the German speaking market.

Thank you. So the first question, can you define a circular economy in your own words?

It’s not an easy question. Of course we have to. Circular economy for me is to reuse everything without using any raw material. So we have to recycle everything. Full stop. Yeah,

You have. Yes.

I think everything we have now on the planet, we have to recycle and reuse. I think this is the issue at the moment and we are doing a good job at the moment, I think.

Do you participate in a circular economy yourself in any aspect of your life? Andreas

Actually, no.

And you?

Me too.

Good. How did you become interested in the circular economy, ideas and practices?

Actually, because we are working for a company who is producing recycling plant. So who is recycling and refining plant so our machine can, uh, recycle and refine metals in order to be reused, uh, and put it as new into the market as a raw material instead of the raw from the, from the earth that we have to avoid to use.

And you.

Yeah, I think this the same is, uh, me too. We try to, to, to participate for the global goal. We have to, to recover and reuse the things and components we have on earth at the moment. And we close the loop. Yes.

Uh, in your opinion, Andreas, can a circular economy be implemented in individual sectors or industries?

It should be implemented in all the individual sectors. I don’t know how easy it will be, but of course it has to be.

Agnon, what you mean.

We have to, um, to, to pay attention to the, to the producers because the producers don’t think about the recycled possibility of the components. So in my opinion, they have to force and design a, um, recyclable friendly.

Uh, do you think the circular economy already exists in the car industry?