IARC 2023 Transcripts - 02 AND & AGN

Yes, But of course it has to be implemented. It has to be measured it more because, for example, we can consider, let’s say you already implemented for metals like steel, aluminium, maybe also copper. We should find a way to use it to implement the circular economy also for plastic and maybe electronic components also like PCB, batteries, everything. Because this is the main issue.

I think especially in the automotive. Uh, there are a lot of compound materials that are not 100% recyclable. And there we have to pay attention to, to design recyclable alloys, especially for the automobile producers.

Do you currently own a car?

Uh, I. I rented a car. Yep. I’m not the owner, but I rent. I use the rental agency.

And you ?

For sure you need.

Um, when is the one adjective that comes to mind? It means the first thought when you think about electronics in a car. What do you think when you see electronics in the car.

Electronics in the car yet? It helps, of course, but it helps. And it could be a problem when it doesn’t work. But okay, for sure it will necessary in order to improve performance of the of the car.

What do you mean?

Park distance control and the best best improvement.

Uh, in your opinion, are cars that include electronic components easier or harder to adapt to the circular economy than a regular normal car?

It’s harder because it’s hard to, um, it’s hard for the electronic components to be recycled and to use recycled components to produce new electronic components. So it has to be, but it’s quite heavy to do it.

What do you think?

I think also. That we generate a lot of electronic waste at the end of the life of a car, even if it’s for the for the for the for the car driver, much more easier and friendly at the end of the life. It’s a lot of additional components to recycle.

Uh, what can the automotive industry do to promote a circular economy?

Good question. Maybe they can, um, increase the percentage of the recycled material to be used. Like, for example, in the I know that, for example, Fiat, they are using also textile from recycled bottles and for other plastic they are using they should focus to find to create something for the for the electronic components. That is the main issue.

I agree the car should be a certain percentage of recycled material. Um, at least.

Uh, do you have concerns about privacy and personal data stored in the car electronics like GPS?

I’m sorry. Can you repeat.

Do you have concerns about the privacy and personal data stored?