IARC 2023 Transcripts - 05 CED

So my name is Joe and I’m working on research in circular economy and automotive sector, and I would like to know your point of view. If you accept, I’m going to record our conversation, transcribe it and put the transcription with a pseudonym, not with your real name in a repository of text documents that will be used for the research. If you do this and you change your mind later and no longer want to participate, get in touch with us and we will immediately remove your interview from the repository. I’m leaving you information sheet with contact informations. If you agree, then please tell me your first name and that you agree. IARC 2023 Transcripts - 04 CAT

Cedric. I agree.

Thank you. You agree? Can you define a circular economy in your own words? So sorry. Circular economy. Could you explain what is circular economy in your meaning?

And it’s very difficult for me in English, you know, I’m very I’m very basic. Um, it’s the, it’s the way to optimize the, the energy and to, to, uh, in the, in the way to, to, to, to do the transition with, with a world, with sustainable energy, you know, And I think it’s, uh, it’s very important for, for now to, to replicate circular economy, uh, in every days and every, every, every moment in our lives.

Uh, do you participate in a circular economy yourself in any aspect of your life? How you do it?

Yes, with my work life, because I work for Tesla. So we, we selling cars with zero emission, you know, and we participate to a circular economy, I think. And, and it’s very important for me to to have a role of of this, of this new world. Yeah.

How did you become interested in circular economy principles and ideas.

Um, I in my, in my um, everyday in everyday, uh. how can. I say that? And with my trash. You know, my trash. My my, um, trash. Uh, uh. And, uh. And I bought used things, you know? No, not so much new things. And I try to. I try to make my, uh, my my parts of the of the circular economy.

Uh, in your opinion, can a circular economy be implemented in every industrial sector in your opinion or must be the global.

Must be the must be the global maybe I, I don’t think I can understand your, your question, but, uh, but uh, in maybe in global, uh, I think yeah, sorry.

Uh, no problem. I mean, implemented. That means how could, could be circular economy success successfully be made in one separate sectors? Is it possible or only in a global sectors?

Oh, I think it’s a I think it’s it’s better if we if we all make our parts and uh, uh, maybe industrials, uh, maybe all the, all the people can can make the parts of the, of the circular economy. I think it’s a global situation. Uh, and uh, we are all concerned about by the, the world transition. Sorry.

Uh, do you think the circular economy already exists in the car industry?

I think we are in the beginning of the of this, of this way to think. And, uh, and, uh, and in in few years, maybe, uh, all the manufacturers can be. They are we are we have to do efforts, uh, in automotive sector and, uh, and I think with, in few years we, we make progress, we will make progress.

Do you own a car?

Yes, a used car.

Which kind of car is it?

A vintage car.

Uh, okay. When you think on your car or other cars, what is the first thinking when you hear car electronics or electronics in the car? What do you think at first?

I think range. I think. No, no noise. I think comfort. I think, uh, I think yes, it’s a it’s the future. I think it’s the future, basically.